I am a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a new member

I just register as a new member. I love to do intarsia and scroll saw work. I been cutting on my saw for about 2 Years. I love to build clocks and general crafts. I have a wood shop about 20 by 30 ft. I have pretty much all wood tools to have. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Welcome aboard Brent. Good size shop. Lots of toys, er tools I mean, sounds like your good to go man.

Paul

Paul S.

Comment

yup, welcome aboard. I did one intarsia piece, i like its outcome, but i hate sanding!I will do another intarsia soon, i'm wanting to do a couple dogs. Kathy Wise has so many nice dog intarsia patterns, I may pick one up at Richland Center at the scrollsaw trade show in two weeks. where you located Brent? and What saw do you use? I have two yella ones that I use, and a couple others that collect dust. Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

type saw

I have a 30" excaliber and the new 21" excaliber. I love both of them. I live in Baton Rouge La.
        Last edited by brent; 07-26-2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

howdy and welcome Brent

hmm.... you have a bunch of tools huh..
          so if one of mine breaks i can stop by and use one of yours...

ive never been to Baton Rouge La. ...oops one just broke !!!!!
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Welcome to the Group Brent

Charlie,
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome , Brent. can't wait to see some of your work. you do have a couple great saws there. now that you have been sawing for a couple years, I bet you have alot to offer us here at SSW&C, we love to share are exsperiance, and we love to learn too. so jump right in there. with quistions, or advice. glad you are here.
              Evie Ps. how did you find us. and are you a memmber of any other groups?

Comment

Brent;
                I envy the size of your shop.
                My shop is so small that every time I turn around I bump into another tool.
                I have to step outside just to change my mind
                W.Y.
                http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Bill , that is too funny
                  Evie

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
                    Welcome , Brent. can't wait to see some of your work. you do have a couple great saws there. now that you have been sawing for a couple years, I bet you have alot to offer us here at SSW&C, we love to share are exsperiance, and we love to learn too. so jump right in there. with quistions, or advice. glad you are here.
                    Evie Ps. how did you find us. and are you a memmber of any other groups?
                    no ,i'm not.

Comment

Brent . thats great. but now you belong to a group. IF you wont too. we are just family here. and would love you to be a part of it. would you like that??? we just shar here. not judg. ,,,, well most of the time. but we are like family here. and really wish you would join us. you don't have to be anything , except be nice. I hope you will stay and shar with us. your new friend Evie. Ps, I love clocks the best. would you like to see a couple of mine. my first one in the first pic and my 2nd in the 2nd. lol they are not great. but they was fun. Evie

Comment

woops, ****. hit submit befor pictuers. whats that tell ya. Evie
                        Attached Files

Comment

sorry bret. I am not the greatist in pcen. Ill try again in the 2nd clock
                          Evie ok the last one is my second one. just had to throu in a couple more
                          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the group Brent this is a great bunch of folks here

Evie those are simply beautiful ! i'm impressed !
                            ...~Robert~
                            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome aboard. Now let's see what you're made of.

Evie, clocks aren't really my thing but you did an outstanding job on yours. They are just way more involved than I care to ever get. If I can't complete a project in 4 or 5 hours, forget it. I lose interest. I have the attention span of a chimp. But your clocks are something to be proud of.
                              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                                Reply to New Toy!
                                by Rolf
                                Quartz I only bought the air filter, That same model is sold by many distributors, I see Grizzly has it and several others. I was going to build one but this thing works great. I will get a charcoal filter for it also. Great when doing Pyrography. They also had a Pfingst brand flex shaft tool I haven't...
                                Today, 07:50 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to New Toy!
                                by NC Scroller
                                Nice score!
                                Today, 06:16 AM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New Toy!
                                by Quartz43
                                Wow...nice Foredom tool.
                                Today, 06:08 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
                                by will8989
                                Carole, only you would cut sprinkles on a scrollsaw. I would probably use rice and stain it. I just gave up replacing my insert. Its worn, but works for what I need. I do sand it to make sure there are no burrs sticking up to scratch the wood. I will be trying the new contact paper when mine runs...
                                Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shawl pins
                                by will8989
                                Thick hair would need a larger opening, thinner hair would require a smaller opening to stay in place. The one being shown in the utube would probably work for thicker hair. They look way better than a pencil or dowel! That elephant sure is cute in her hair!.
                                Yesterday, 08:09 PM
                              Working...
                              X