I am a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a new member

I just register as a new member. I love to do intarsia and scroll saw work. I been cutting on my saw for about 2 Years. I love to build clocks and general crafts. I have a wood shop about 20 by 30 ft. I have pretty much all wood tools to have. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Welcome aboard Brent. Good size shop. Lots of toys, er tools I mean, sounds like your good to go man.

Paul

Paul S.

Comment

yup, welcome aboard. I did one intarsia piece, i like its outcome, but i hate sanding!I will do another intarsia soon, i'm wanting to do a couple dogs. Kathy Wise has so many nice dog intarsia patterns, I may pick one up at Richland Center at the scrollsaw trade show in two weeks. where you located Brent? and What saw do you use? I have two yella ones that I use, and a couple others that collect dust. Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

type saw

I have a 30" excaliber and the new 21" excaliber. I love both of them. I live in Baton Rouge La.
        Last edited by brent; 07-26-2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

howdy and welcome Brent

hmm.... you have a bunch of tools huh..
          so if one of mine breaks i can stop by and use one of yours...

ive never been to Baton Rouge La. ...oops one just broke !!!!!
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Welcome to the Group Brent

Charlie,
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome , Brent. can't wait to see some of your work. you do have a couple great saws there. now that you have been sawing for a couple years, I bet you have alot to offer us here at SSW&C, we love to share are exsperiance, and we love to learn too. so jump right in there. with quistions, or advice. glad you are here.
              Evie Ps. how did you find us. and are you a memmber of any other groups?

Comment

Brent;
                I envy the size of your shop.
                My shop is so small that every time I turn around I bump into another tool.
                I have to step outside just to change my mind
                W.Y.
                http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Bill , that is too funny
                  Evie

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
                    Welcome , Brent. can't wait to see some of your work. you do have a couple great saws there. now that you have been sawing for a couple years, I bet you have alot to offer us here at SSW&C, we love to share are exsperiance, and we love to learn too. so jump right in there. with quistions, or advice. glad you are here.
                    Evie Ps. how did you find us. and are you a memmber of any other groups?
                    no ,i'm not.

Comment

Brent . thats great. but now you belong to a group. IF you wont too. we are just family here. and would love you to be a part of it. would you like that??? we just shar here. not judg. ,,,, well most of the time. but we are like family here. and really wish you would join us. you don't have to be anything , except be nice. I hope you will stay and shar with us. your new friend Evie. Ps, I love clocks the best. would you like to see a couple of mine. my first one in the first pic and my 2nd in the 2nd. lol they are not great. but they was fun. Evie

Comment

woops, ****. hit submit befor pictuers. whats that tell ya. Evie
                        Attached Files

Comment

sorry bret. I am not the greatist in pcen. Ill try again in the 2nd clock
                          Evie ok the last one is my second one. just had to throu in a couple more
                          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the group Brent this is a great bunch of folks here

Evie those are simply beautiful ! i'm impressed !
                            ...~Robert~
                            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome aboard. Now let's see what you're made of.

Evie, clocks aren't really my thing but you did an outstanding job on yours. They are just way more involved than I care to ever get. If I can't complete a project in 4 or 5 hours, forget it. I lose interest. I have the attention span of a chimp. But your clocks are something to be proud of.
                              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                                by cwmagee
                                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                                Today, 07:28 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X