Branson, MO Picnic Photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branson, MO Picnic Photo's

Here are a few pictures from the Branson Show.
    1st pick L-R, Mike Moorloch of Flying Dutchman Blades, Karen Boelman of The Art Factory, Bob Becker of Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine, the last person on the right is unknown. The Second photo is of Ray Wilckens of Wilckens Woodworking. The other photo's were just ones that I actually got focused......

Richard Preator
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peculiar Fretworks; 07-22-2006, 09:38 AM.
    Richard Preator

thanks for sharing your pictures....

I've got to ask...the white looking wood in those peices, what type of wood is that?

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Hi Richard,

The fourth person in your first picture is Jeff Zaffino. Good pictures!

Pat Lupori

Comment

Great pictures Richard thanks for sharing, especially for those of us who cannot attend these events.
        Bill
        Delta P-20

Comment

Richard thank you for posting your pictures.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I think the third photo is Lucky's display....The raccoon looks very familiar.
            If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Richard.. the pictures are great. mike and Jeff look hard at work there. and my Wilcons.(sorry spelling) what a talented man.(and son) hansom divel too might i add. and the intarsia pics are great. so many great talents there. BUT my Friend. wheres your booth. I wont to see that too. thats probley where i would have spent my time and money,LOL thanks for sharing . your friend Evie Ps did any one here wish or try to scroll over the tabales to see more.

Comment

Indeed it is the ratcoon neal. I have been trying to get my pictures posted on here to show you, but for now I'll just tell ya. That ratcoon looked even better with a ribbon hanging on it in branson! Yup, it was good enough to recieve a second place amongst all that stuff, and Thank you for designing such a fun, fabulous piece! It is now sitting at our county fair, and will be judged tomarrow. I expect to be seeing blue hanging on it there, as the competition is nowhere near the quantity or quality as at a scrollsaw contest. I'm pretty excited about that! I do have 8 or so things entered at the county fair, and will be spending heaps of time there all week, between my own stuff, and the 4H kids, but i'll check in here often too. Hopefully, I can supply a few pictures soon! dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Reply to Comments

Peculiar Greetings,
                  Trout, sorry but I have no idea what the white wood is, perhaps someone else might know.
                  Pat, thanks for the info, I don't know Jeff well enough to identify him from that angle! Your patterns shipped Saturday.
                  To the rest of the group who had comments, thanks, glad to hear you appreciated the photo's

Richard Preator
                  Richard Preator

Comment

Hey Trout,

The white wood could be Ash or Holly.

Those are two essences of wood that are used for white in Intarsia, to the best of my kowledge.

Regards,
                    Marcel
                    http://marleb.com
                    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I would guess its maple. I have some extremely white maple , and it is a great intarsia wood (sands easily). Holly is a super white wood, but pretty hard to find much with any real size to it. Dale
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by Trout
                        I've got to ask...the white looking wood in those peices, what type of wood is that?

Trout
                        trout, I don't really know,
                        for real, but how about wood, in white (as aspen). just a guess, your friend Evie

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to find it was basswood. Nor would I be surprised to find that a white gel stain had been used over the top to emphasise it and prolong the 'whiteness'. All woods darken with age (I believe exposure to UV light has something to do with this), but gel stains can do a lot to inhibit the darkening process.

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Gill , I see your one of are new monerators. did i spell that right. Ha. now we are getting somewhere. woops moderators. your friend Evie

Comment

Shhhh.... it's a secret, Evie. If we tip-toe quietly away from the topic, perhaps nobody will notice.

Gill
                              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X