Mooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooooo

Knocked out another one today. After that gobbler, I needed a few days off. My friend really liked it and I told him I was going to do a head shot of a springer spaniel, a dog of which I used to own and hunt with. Pretty good bait. He has a german shorthair so now he wants me to find a pattern for his dog.

This bull was one of the easier ones I've done recently, except the letters were a bit tricky. It's a little more important to stay on the lines, especially when you have a couple of the same letter. If one is thinner than the other, it's noticeable. It's kinda funny that after I take a picture is when I notice a couple mistakes that I didn't see before. Back to the saw or files.

I have a buddy who sells angus bulls and he is always trying to find ideas for gifts for some of his customers every Christmas. He usually gets knives engraved but good quality sport knives are tough to find these days at a reasonable price. Last year I etched 15 thermos jugs for him and when he gets this portrait as a gift from me maybe he'll buy a few more for gifts for his customers. Then I would try stacking.

What to scroll next...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 07-17-2006, 09:29 PM. Reason: No reason.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Oh Mike you slick devil, your friends don't have a chance and your going to be getting real busy! No bull....the bull looks good!

Next project? Well, you've brought a bird and some beef to the table, how about a fish? Just keep em coming whatever you decide .
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Yup, keep the great work coming. You really should try stack cutting though. In the same amount of time, you could have cut three or four, and even if you sold em to people for twice the cost of the wood, you would still cover the cost of the keepers and the blades used. Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

GREAT JOB, Mike! You are a natural at this stuff.

I've got to agree with everyone else, try stack cutting once - you'll never go back. Besides, it comes in handy for Christmas ornaments........

Barry
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

nice job.......and that's no bull.........

btw
          "Last year I etched 15 thermos jugs for him " you have laser ?

pete
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

That's a heck of a duck! Great job.
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Great work

Charlie,
              Charlie
              "Everything Happens for a Reason"
              Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hey!

That's no bull!
                Bull have horns.
                All the cartoons say so.

What was the first person to milk a cow really thinking of?

A city slicker,
                Marcel

PS.: Nice work Mike. Next project, hmmm... Turkey, Bull, !you need a farm!.
                http://marleb.com
                DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Now thats alot of bull. your friend Evie

Comment

Best duck I have seen all day!
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

looks just ducky to me!
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Moooooooo-ver-lous !
                        Did I really say that ? Nice job on the letters...letters still intimidate me !
                        ...~Robert~
                        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Saw duster, Our club is having a class on cutting letters tommorow night. You are welcome to join us.
                          We meet in Smithtown Long Island , NY. If it is still there after last nights storm. I may find lots of green wood later today. Trees down everywere.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                            Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by will8989
                            Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                            Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by will8989
                            Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                            Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                            Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Sundays market
                            by will8989
                            We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                            Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                          Working...
                          X