Anyone ever make a cribbage board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever make a cribbage board?

My son loves to play cribbage and for Christmas I thought I would try figuring out how to make one out of the Colorado Avalanche logo which is his favorite team.

I have a board at home and can use that as a reference for number of holes etc. I was just wondering if anyone had ever attempted to make one. Seems like drilling the holes would be the most time consuming, teadious thing about it.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kelly,
    They make jigs for drilling all the holes for adjustable book cases (basically a bar with a bunch of evenly spaced holes drilled in it). I'd pick one of them up; that would cut down on your drilling time significantly.

An alternative would be to take a small section of wood and drill a series of holes the distance you need them to be apart and use this piece of wood as a jig...you'll just have to move it a little more often!

Good Luck!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Dusty:

If your local library carries old issues of Wood Magazine:
      Issue 26 December 1988, page 80

Also,
      Try Cherry Tree online (should be a link under "Other Great Sites" under Scrolling Community on left of your screen for this site.) search for cribbage board at that site.

Rockler has a template for sale for a cribbage board. (Rockler should also be listed in Other Great Sites.)

BTW: besides using Google.com, you can query at Ask.com for 'cribbage board layout' and find the following suggestion:
      Take a cheap cribbage board, and modify it to be your template for your drill press.

That way, if you use one of the intarsa plans from one of our designers, and using the Cherry Tree idea of not making a rectangle cribbage board, you could still have blocks of 8 peg whole blocks on an intarsa made animal.
      (sorry, I know that idea is not clearly written, but look at the cherry Tree cribbage board, and think intarsa.)

Phil

Comment

Hi Dusty,

Here is a link to a free cribbage board template

http://canadianhomeworkshop.com/pdf/nov05_cribbage.pdf

It is from an article published in Nov.05

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by Linda In Phoenix
          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
          Yesterday, 10:01 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by will8989
          Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
          Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by will8989
          Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
          Yesterday, 09:49 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
          Yesterday, 09:32 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Sundays market
          by will8989
          We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
          Yesterday, 08:56 PM
        Working...
        X