Selling my Delta 40-601

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Delta 40-601

I thought I would see if anybody here would be interested in buying my Delta 40-601 scroll saw. I live in Oklahoma City. For those of you who don't know, the 40-601 is a WORK HORSE to say the least. It is a variable speed 18" model. It uses the "C-arm" design. It sits on a VERY heavy duty stand that was purchased w/ the saw from Delta. It also has an over head lamp w/ it. I have been told that this was the last American made scroll saw that Delta sold, and I don't doubt it because this thang is a BEAST. I recently used it to cut some 1" solid red oak and it didn't even hesitate....I was amazed. I will also be including well over 200 new blades. Some are delta blades and some are Olson blades....various sizes. I have only used it twice, I bought it from an older man who also had used it very little. He paid just over $700 for the entire set up. I have no idea what is a fair price for this saw. Please let me know what you think would be fair.

Jason

I hope you have or are getting another saw
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

My father-in-law has a much smaller(cheaper) scroll saw that I can use when I need one. I am getting into woodworking, but have had little use thus far for a scroll saw. I'm sure I will regret selling it eventually. It's pretty impressive to use. There is virtually zero vibration, very smooth.

Comment

Would somebody atleast tell me what they think it's worth so that I can just list it in the paper?

I would really appreciate some help.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by will8989
          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
          Today, 12:20 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
          The bags seem easier on the surface.
          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          by Sandy Oaks
          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
          Yesterday, 09:46 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by NC Scroller
          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
          Yesterday, 07:42 AM
        Working...
        X