Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think i have one for the charity ??

First pic
    My contribution to the quilt if you think its ok.
    ive played around and came up with this. Mass state outline, and Mass state Bird, Black Caped Chickadee. Did all with #0/2 blade, 1/4 aspen wood. State stained with cherry, bird with maple. The frame is oak.
    Where the quarter is going to make label, tried cutting out letters but too small and a disaster....lol Sill need to touch up a couple things.

Funny its the one i did just for kicks with the wood burning iron, but it think it cam out kinda cute.

Second pic
    My first intarsia project, the bird, still working on it, but thought id show you anyway. Messed up a little on the feet. Wood is oak, maple, cherry and a few stains.

comments welcome.........pete
    Attached Files
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

I Love It!!!
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

HI Pete. I love the state outline. looks trikie. and the burdie is cool. but my friend. I just love the intasha. birdie. that would look so cool on your state.
      it would give so much dimention too. can you add them both on one tile??
      no matter what you do it will look great. nice idea too. I don't remmber what kind of bird that is. I know short memmery. sorry.

Evie

Comment

Nice work Pete.I really like the way the state bird turned out.
        Thanks for keeping us updated.
        Bill
        Delta P-20

Comment

thanks for the comments all .

Evie

cant put both birds on, but i will try to fix up and use the intarsia bird JUST FOR YOU

pete
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Very nice work

Charlie,
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Pete,

I knew you'd come up with something

The intarsia bird is relly nice and will look great on the cutout of the state.

Good job,
              Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to New tools
                by Hobbyhorse
                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
              • Hobbyhorse
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by Hobbyhorse
                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by KarlB
                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
              • KarlB
                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                by KarlB
                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
              Working...
              X