X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Tim;
    As the crow flies, I am just six miles north of the border where the Idaho panhandle meets British Columbia.
    If you are in NW Montana perhaps you are in the area of Troy or Libby or even Kalispel ? ? ? . Those are all areas of Montana that I am familiar with. I participate in several bluegrass festivals in Libby Montana every year. Another 8 day one coming up next month.
    Perched up on the mountainside here, from my shop and/or kitchen and living room windows I see mountains on both the Canadain and the USA side of the border..
    That is highway # 3a down on the left winding around the (n/e) side of the valley.
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• core-eagle
    replied
    Looks like largemouth bass to me. I owned a taxidermy shop for 6 years when I was on disability and had done it for a hobby for 15 years. Really enjoyed doing fish. That looks like a GOOD day fishing. Congratulations! How far north of the border are you? I'm just down in NW Montana.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    Bill now thats a catch. looks like wide mouth to me. with some perch added. but like i said my eyes are alitte blured. bet Trout would know. you hansom divil you. your can fish too. who would have guessed.

Evie
    Edit just read up. LOL you did say perch. LOL like I can see.
    Evie
    Last edited by minowevie; 07-04-2006, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Hey Evie;
    I like bass too. Between bass and a some small perch , that's about all there is in Duck Lake a couple miles from home. No big fish around here but these little bass and perch are fun to catch whenever I get a chance to go and get a few like this.
    Maybe sombody can tell me if those are large mouth or small mouth bass. I wouldn't know the difference
    Someone once told me they use little fish like these for bait to catch real fish. Oh well, to each his own.
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    aaaaaaawwwwm You couth a good friend here too Trout. happy 4th. and that fire works thing you did on the message bord is so cool. don't work to hard.

Evie

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    Evie..

you are definitely my friend...

Trout

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    NOw Trout thats just not true. I fish for Both, out of my little tin boat.I just prefure trout. and catfish. blue gill, and just trolling. for what ever i can catch. but I do like your pattern to offer your club. I might not like to eat Bass. but sure love its butie. and so fun to catch.

Evie

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    Evie..

that's a bass...
    some guys fish for them, but I'm not one of them.....

they keep telling me...try it, you'll like it....

me in my trout boat fishing for bass...that would look just as funny as a guy fishing for trout out of his bass boat....

Trout

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    HI Trout, all the above are nice projects. love the fish. not sure though. Is that a trout or a bass. sorry. my eyes are blurry. LOL. your ambition, and work just amaizis me. don't work too hard.

Evie

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    replied
    it's 4th of July...

and I'm at home sitting here at this dumb computer....don't worry Mrs.Trout is over on the couch with here laptop...

I have to work a couple hours tonight...
    I work for a school district so tonight I have to go start up two generators with 400,000 watt light towers to light up one of our playgrounds so that people don't go there to light off their fireworks...

Let's see, 5 hours of double time for an hours worth of work....

that should pay for my patterns and wood....

Trout
    Last edited by Trout; 07-04-2006, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trout
    started a topic Up coming projects..

Up coming projects..

here I am looking for new projects when the fish I just finished is still sitting on the work bench waiting to be hung...

I need to make a raffle grand prize that will be giving away at our next fishing get together in October....I think they would be pretty excited about winning the piece...

This is another project I'm thinking about doing. It will be a gift for my sister and brother in-law in Montana, they have a horse ranch in Livingston..

This one would look good on our wall...

I found these patterns at Intarsia.com
    has anyone done any of Judy and Jerry's patterns?

I also like some of Kathy Wise horse patterns...

all I need is patterns, wood and 6 months...

Trout

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
    3-layer sailboat plaque
    by Ennobee
    After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
    which I still have to keep trying until...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • will8989
    Reply to Farmers market
    by will8989
    I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
    Yesterday, 11:21 PM
  • Ennobee
    Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
    by Ennobee
    Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Jim Finn
    Reply to Blades
    by Jim Finn
    I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
    by Jim McDonald
    Scott,
    I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
    We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
    Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Working...
X