Bethlehem Olive Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethlehem Olive Wood

Hi Ya'll, I purchased some Olive Wood from Bethlehem and looks great. All of it is 1/4" thick. I was going to just cut some cross's/necklace out of them. But was wondering if any of you have any other Idea's (religious ideas)?

I thought about designing a small tray that could hold communion for the pianist and organist. So they can have communion ready to take right there at the instruments. But that is about it at the moment. I've gone brain dead.

Any idea's out there?

Originally posted by Grizz
    Hi Ya'll, I purchased some Olive Wood from Bethlehem and looks great. All of it is 1/4" thick. I was going to just cut some cross's/necklace out of them. But was wondering if any of you have any other Idea's (religious ideas)?

I thought about designing a small tray that could hold communion for the pianist and organist. So they can have communion ready to take right there at the instruments. But that is about it at the moment. I've gone brain dead.

Any idea's out there?
    Wow Grizz. that is awesome. wood from the holy land. the tray sounds great. how about some candale sticks to go with it. there is a nice pattern in the SSW magazine # 19 the Victorian fretwork Candlestick. I made these and they really complement my tray. I think i would change the top though. my mom would have loved something like this. and are priest. Wow gives me gooss pimpales. how did you come buy this wood. and can i get it.? My mom is gone now but her cair taker is still with us. and would love something like this. she is a cairtaker for retired priest and nuns. she took cair of my mom to the end. would love to make her something. your frined Evie
    Attached Files

Comment

A tray like that would be stunning, a real treasure. Crosses would be very nice, too.

Dunno how you feel about Christmas trees (I think they're bizarrely paganistic but like them anyway), but I've seen some very nice ornaments from olive wood. Try a Google image search.

Comment

That Bethlehem olive wood is wonderfull stuff to work with.If you are making a fretwork tray and you happen to also have a wood lathe you may want to round off the contents of the tray with a pen or pencil.
        The bottom pen shown here is of Bethlehem olive wood and I made it back when I was just learning to make pens a few years ago.
        I have never tried it for fretwork but I hope it works as well for you as it does for turning. It cuts like butter on a lathe and sands and finishes beautifully.
        W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Wow those are really pretty. just wonted to let you know i am paying attintion. your friend Evie

Comment

I got my order of it last week. I ordered 1/8", but got 1/4" and it's all about 3" wide. I'm planning on some crosses and Christmas ornaments. I've made 16 bottle stoppers on my lathe with 2" square stock and sell them almost as fast as I make them. One guy bought eight of them at $20.00 each.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Something that comes to my mind would be book holder. I don't know what the proper name for it is. It's one of those X shaped stands that an open book can rest in. In this case namely the bible. I don't even know if you can get a pattern for one. I thought I saw one somewhere though. Good luck with it. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what you do.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X