adobe illastrater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adobe illastrater

I was wandering what if any purpose the illastrater has for patteren making? i have seen post where they say that theres is not working so the patteren isnt as clean as they would like it to be but they posted anyway, does it help to clean up the jagered edges? any help or info would be appriciated Rick

Adobe AI is in a class of software called Vector Graphic. Other such programs are CorelDraw, and MacroMedia's Freehand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...aphics_editors

Yes, AI can, and does, help a designer of Fretwork to develop a pattern. For converting a photo to cut pattern, usually a bit map editor like Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop is used.

When importing a photo bit mapped image into a vector graphic program, the bit map digitizing errors produce a ragged edge, which takes several hours to edit into a smooth curve. Can be done, but IMHO, it still takes a creative eye and artistic brain to produce a quality result.

Vector Graphic programs do have a HUGE learning curve. Somewhat less than a CAD program, but still heavy slogging thru the mud.

Phil

Comment

Illustrator, Corel Draw or other vector image programs

Illustrator, Corel Draw or other vector image programs are
      the best ones to design fretwork. But they require lots of time
      to obtain decent results. The best way to convert
      a bitmap image to vector graphics is by hand. You import
      the image into illustrator, leave it in the background and
      work on it with the pen, converting it in lines little by little.
      Do not expect good results the first attempts.

Pedro.
      http://www.finescrollsaw.com

Comment

The biggest advantage to using the vector-graphics programs is that you can get extremely accurate, regular lines, instead of the choppy lines from a bitmap based file.

We've got a new software here at the office that lets us convert vector-based graphics into a 3-d rendering of a project. It takes some time, but it's amazing.

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Good question, and great answers from everybody! Thanks! I thought it was something I was doing wrong when using my coyote software in regards to the ragged edges! I now know better.

At least I was smart enough to figure out Pedro's tip on my own.

I can take alot of the jagged edges out of the pattern by zooming in on an area at a time and either adjusting my pen or my eraser to a fine line and working the edges. Very time consuming. Then when I'm satisfied with that, I'll print the pattern and go over it with a fine line marker as Pedro suggested.

Are there any other tips to help in the pattern making process that others are willing to share or enlighten the likes of me?
          Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 06-27-2006, 09:32 AM.
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Thanks for the great ansewers now i guess i will have to put the AI on my wish list and perhaps a book on how to use it, also need to invest in a spell check, lol. again thanks and if you have any tips on where to buy please let me no. Rick

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X