making patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making patterns

How exactly do some folks make patterns?

Like someone gives them a picture or something and they take that image and make it scrollable.

I've got Adobe Photoshop CS 2 on my computer, but Im not exactly the best at using it...

Are there any very simple ways of doing something like this? Like some kinda program I can download or something that makes the process somewhat simple?

Thanks for any and all information that can be provided.
    ~Tim Bonner
    'smile it makes people wonder what your up to, and brightens anothers day.'

Coyote

Coyote software from Carving Technologies simplifies the process of making portrait style patterns.
    You can also look online for lessons on your Photoshop program.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jimern
      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
      by Jimern
      The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
      Today, 06:29 AM
    • will8989
      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
      by will8989
      The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
      Yesterday, 11:10 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Farmers market
      by will8989
      Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
    • tgiro01
      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
      by tgiro01
      Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
      Yesterday, 09:38 PM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
      by Linda In Phoenix
      It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
      Yesterday, 06:47 PM
    Working...
    X