My quilt squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My quilt squares

OK, I typed this all once, then lost it, so here it goes again.
    Special thanks to the designers of the patterns I chose!!

The wolf, is designed by Sheila Bergner-Landry. It is shrunk to 45% original size, scrolled out of 1/8th thick red oak, and glued to 1/8th inch stained baltic birch ply. It was cut using a FD-TC#3 blade, and has 46 blade entry holes.
    The lion is designed by Kevin D. aka: Jediscroller . Thank you Kevin. It was designed to be used as an 11 by 14 inch pattern, so major shrinking was required to fit this into a 5 inch square. It is cut out of 1/8th inch maple, glued to 1/8th inch stained baltic birch plywood. It was cut using a FD-TC#1 blade because of its intricacy, and has ...ready???????? 135 blade entry holes!
    The tiger.... This tiger was designed be Dave Sutton aka dustycanuck . Kevin gave me a great tiger to use, however after shrinking it to fit the square,it didnt make a nice matching pattern to compliment the detail in the lion, so I opted for this tiger from Dave.This was designed to be cut as an 8 1/2 by 11, so major shrinking again to fit 5 by 5 inches.It is cut from 1/8th maple, and glued to 1/8th inch stained baltic birch ply. Again, I chose the FD-TC#1 blade . Now, here is a totally circumstantial phenomenon. Get this... It has exactly 135 blade entry holes , the same as the lion square!
    I hope Bob has his pro photographers get some nice pictures to share with those that can not see the project firsthand. They are in the mail, and should arrive by weeks end Bob. Now, i will try attaching photos again, and hope I dont have to type this a third time!!! Dale
    Attached Files
    Dale w/ yella saws

Pattern

Nice looking ducks.
    Rick Hutcheson
    http://www.scrollsaws.com

Comment

Thanks Rick, I was wondering who would be the first to say something to that effect!!!!! LOL
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

That's one heck of a lot of cutting, Dale. When do you sleep?
        Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

lol Good one Rick

great work there Dale

Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Wow!

Dale,

You and Kevin make a great team.

That is definitely beautiful artwork.

This project is turning out to be awesome thanks to that quality of work.

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Dale, Like I said before. WOW< WOW> WOW. I agree you and Kevin do have something going there. and Rick, you are so funny. I just love hummer., hommer ,Hammer, drats, I did injoy. still laughing. your frined , woops friend Evie, well don't wont to get to well to fast.

Comment

Me and Kevin dont have something going.... KEVIN has something going. A scrolled project can only be as good as the pattern is designed, and his patterns are awesome! I just cut... anyone can do that!!!
                Teresa.. when do I sleep? I usually get about 4 hours a night, my body is sort of used to that now.
                Thanks for all the great comments. I do think these ducks all turned out nice. Evie how are your ducks coming? Will they be done in time for the quilt hun? Dale

psst evie.... it is spelled humor hunny
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Beautie's Dale. Complicated, heavily aerated beauties!!! Very well done, sir!

you have much more patience than I........and obviously a steadier hand.....perhaps I should give up the grog????? Nah..... Great job.
                  ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Great job Dale! The Tiger really goes well with the Lion I really like the pair.
                    I do have to disagree with you though on one point though, it's the cutter who brings the pattern to life. Otherwise it's just a lifeless 2 dimensional piece of paper (but thanks for the VERY kind words).
                    Kevin
                    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                      Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                      by meflick
                      got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                      Today, 08:21 PM
                    • Jo Labre
                      Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                      by Jo Labre
                      At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                      Today, 11:13 AM
                    • hotshot
                      by hotshot
                      The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                      Today, 10:14 AM
                    • Rolf
                      by Rolf
                      Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                      Today, 09:32 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                      by Rolf
                      I haven't even decided what to make!
                      Today, 09:27 AM
                    Working...
                    X