Bookshelf Cat Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookshelf Cat Puzzle

Here's one I just finished where I took out the background to make it more tricky. It's only 202 pieces so it should be pretty easy to put together. (Note the book titles in this painting by James Wysocki)

The puzzle is cut from 1/4" 3-ply poplar.....freehand, of course.

Have phun.....Carter

Holly Cat!!!

Carter,

You've done it again

Nice work, but I can't help wondering if the fish perch and cat whiskers are as fragile pieces as they look?

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Carter thats just grand, I seen a 3d puzzale in sacramento, last week end, and i thought wouldn't it be great to create one of those out of wood, OWN design of corse. you are the master puzzle maker here, maybe you could create one. I would buy it. your work is awsume. your frined Evie

Comment

Very nice work

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

I'll try to respond...

Marcel, the pieces are not as delicate as they look. They hold up quite awhile even though they get some shaking in the baggie I put them in. You might note that I didn't cut around all the whiskers....

And, Evie, I know it's tempting to try 3-d puzzles out of wood, but I truthfully don't see how they would work. The benefit of foam puzzles is that the pieces fit very tight, expanding into each other. Thus, vertical walls will stand up. That wouldn't be true with wood, and I can't imagine the frustration that would occur when trying to keep walls together while putting on a roof, which also wouldn't hold together. You'd have to use 1/2" wood or more, and that's not as fun or as fast to cut pieces from.....and it still would be frustrating, with collapsing roofs. I'll leave 3-d puzzles to the foam folks.

Carter

Comment

Carter,
            Your puzzles never cease to amaze me.
            Very, Very nice, it looks like my cat StirFry.
            Marsha
            LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Carter I guess I will have to take your word for it. BUT why would it calapse. would the wood swell??or shrinke??? are you talking about solid wood. how about plywood. I really think it could be done. wouldn't it be cool to try. I think i can see how the foam holds the work together. but maybe we could come up with something. I think this is a challenge, and could be done. just maybe hopeing. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X