X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sheltiecarver
    replied
    Well said, Evie!!!
    I don't think anyone could have said it any better.
    Now, lets scroll and have some fun!
    Sandy

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    I just have to say,( Pedro was not here). and He was not showing any thing on his link. I only seen a post that showed his last project. like we all do but,, buy a admire in his behalhavf. I love showing my work here to show what can be done with a scroll saw. and Mike was just showing that. buy a admirer in that. I have done so myself. I am so glad Mike did this. it just goes to show you that he is a admirer of the works like i do., he was not trying to sell anything. just show some work buy someone he knows. That just goes to show me . that he is one of us. even though he sells blades but loves the folks here and shows it. I just hate the folks that try to pull us apart. and add their own interpratation to what they see. I just love the folks in here that join in on the conversation. and someone has to cull them out like a lurker. trying to sell something. sorry I am alittle mad at some folks. and wish you would just join in or get over it. we do make mistakes. and just need a place to go and learn. we don't need to be put down. I think SSW has put up with the worst and the best. and welcomes us all , at there exspense sometimes. can't we just get along. I would rather be nice. but it just needs to end. darn it anyway. I love scrolling and wont to learn . don't know the laws. and learning now. but don't put are memmbers down. forever. like they are lurkers like you. Don't blob us . we will keep comeing back and will stick together. and Marcel I love that you are a monerator. you are doing great. sorry but i am alittle peed right now. and I love this group. and Kevin. you are on you toes. and I think you know what I meen. your doing great too. and I don't think you meant any harm. you are just need to know who your frineds are. that would be me. Evie, and others.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Ouch Rolf! that is just being a glutton for punishement.

I make it a policy never to burn or break bridges

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    I work at a National Lab and we have an annual bridge building contest where the local high school kids build bridges and then they are judged by crushing them.
    The best strength to weight ratio wins. I should cut this design and then have it crushed.
    http://www.bnl.gov/education/contests/bridge/

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    I got no problem with this thread at all. I love the bridge as well. It sure would look nice in the pages of SSW------------ sorry SWC hint hint Theres tons of great stuff on Pedros site, and he is a very helpful , intelligent man! Dale

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Kudos Pedro!

Kudos Pedro!

I spent years working in architecture and remember a competition we had back in college on bridges. Our completed project had to be an exact replica (to scale) of a particular style of bridge. Needless to say - ah man did I have nightmares for weeks after studying bridges.

This pattern looks like an intricate challenge for fretters. I'd love to see someone complete the project!

Take care
    Toni

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Mike leaving?

Did I miss something?
    Who said anything about Mike leaving?

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    I agree with Rolf. If we treat it as info it is a good thing. I like Pedro's patterns, as well. (I am thinking to ordering the Eiffel Tower) and I think the bridge is awesome.

I would not like to see the forum spammed by dealers and vendors either, Rolf.

Mike, please do not leave the forum. Your input is too valuable. When I first started you helped me so much.

-Bill
    Last edited by wwalker47; 06-15-2006, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    My opinion.

This is a great forum for scrollers. It is a resource for information and support of the scrolling hobby.
    I know it is hosted by Fox Chapel and that should be respected.
    I like to be made aware of whats on the market ( Pedro's patterns, new blades etc.) It should all be treated as information. I would object if the forum was spammed by dealers and vendors.

ps This is the most active forum of all the ones I visit so you must be doing something right.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I think the point of Kevin's post was to test the waters and see what the general feeling of the community here was.

Do you think this is a commercial post? If so, do you think it should be allowed?

It gives everyone a taste of what the other moderators and I try to figure out every day!

I'll pose another question in a different thread about this.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Rainman2014
    replied
    The Bridge

Thanks For The Tip Mike,i Want That Pattern . Never Would Have Known It Was There. Tks Again, Rain Man

Leave a comment:

• Jim8Mad
    replied
    My two cents worth

I feel what Pedro posted isn't really out of line. Mike and Marcel bring up good points about the use of other commercial sites in this forum. Pedro may not be as active as some people here (not that I'm as active either), but at least he's not spamming us with posts for his site. Besides, if it's ok to talk about stuff found on other sites that promote what we do (Jeff Zaffino's patterns, DeWalt saws, MSN Groups, Flying Dutchman, and so many more), why can't somebody do a little self promotion as long as it's in good taste and is accepted by everybody here.

Just my two cents. I don't mean to start an uproar with this one.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    well I just wish the photo came up for me. i got the red velvit back ground, but no bridg. I love pedros work. and would like to see. thanks Mike. your frined Evie

Leave a comment:

• Jediscroller
    replied
    Just Asking A question

Just asking a question. I stand corrected.

Mike, look under my screen name, you'll notice moderator underneath it as well so I'll send an e-mail to myself to ask me what I think.
    Last edited by Jediscroller; 06-14-2006, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Pedro's Site

Well since I sent lots of people to Pedro for free patterns I don't see an issue with Mikes post. It doesn't hurt people to look. Pedro's patterns fill a very big void in the scrolling world.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X