X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patern from Pedro

Here is the newest from Pedro"
    http://www.finescrollsaw.com/victorian-bridge.htm
    That sure would be a lot of work to cut this bridge.
    Hope you enjoyed it, like I did.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

Nice to see a master at work. An awesome job!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I thought we weren't supposed to advertise commercial sites on here?
      Kevin
      Scrollsaw Patterns Online
      Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Hi Kevin,

I emailed both Shannon and Bob. I found out that they are out of the office till 6/19/06. I tried to show a very nice and very intricate pattern. Not mean to advertise for anyone. Kevin you maybe could email the moderators about this.
        When Shannon or Bob come back they can delete it if they want.

Mike M
        SD Mike

Comment

As an alternative we could post just the pictures, that way if people wanted to contact Pedro they could do so through email from the forum.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I just hope you guys don't start nitpicking too much.
            You know that Bob never removed any post in this tread: http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7020
            There was a lot more advertising than what I did. Like the Pegad blades, the FD blades. I talked with Bob about that and he told me that he just would let it go. What I did was information. I was not trying to advertise for Pedro, I just wanted to show the pictures.
            Now maybe you know why I don't post much anymore on this site.
            Mike M
            SD Mike

Comment

C'mon be logical, please

Maybe I shouldn't be a moderator.

I'm thinking that this is related to scrollwork, we know Pedro has a commercial site, and someone else is telling us he did something nice that we should see.

Tha's like saying let's not post (for the purpose of example) that DeWalt came out with a brand new scrollsaw that we should know about by visiting their website.

I personally find this commercial site gagging is ridiculous: I agree that we should not promote other magazine publishers that are direct competitors to Fox-Chapel on this site, but we can talk about other commercial sites and products: That is what a forum is all about!!!

And by the way, I did verify this way of thinking with BobD previously, his answer to me went to the effect that if people did not abuse, complain about other commercial posts, were respectfull of Chapel, the forum and other users, and acted like adults he wouldn't have a problem letting people posts links to commercial sites. Most links were to advertisers anyways.

He had to instore a gag because he would get 2-3 complaints a day from some members complaining about other members promoting their products. He was affraid of being accused of favoritism.

My answer was :
              This could be a solution to overzealous people, but on the other hand you also need to look at the complainer: If "A" complains about "B" telling someone his wares are better, I think that's like a kid crying to mommy. He should jump into the conversation in a CIVIL manner and give his side of the story. Not have the other guy banned or gagged.

My answer to that type of complainer would be: you are a salesperson, make your sale in a reasonable manner without bashing the other guy. Show respect and savvy to Chapel, the forum users and competitors, and let the consumer decide (send free samples if you wish: the consumer wins and decides).

Just some food for thoughts...

Respectfully,
              Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Pedro's Site

Well since I sent lots of people to Pedro for free patterns I don't see an issue with Mikes post. It doesn't hurt people to look. Pedro's patterns fill a very big void in the scrolling world.
                CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Just Asking A question

Just asking a question. I stand corrected.

Mike, look under my screen name, you'll notice moderator underneath it as well so I'll send an e-mail to myself to ask me what I think.
                  Last edited by Jediscroller; 06-14-2006, 09:00 PM.
                  Kevin
                  Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                  Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

well I just wish the photo came up for me. i got the red velvit back ground, but no bridg. I love pedros work. and would like to see. thanks Mike. your frined Evie

Comment

My two cents worth

I feel what Pedro posted isn't really out of line. Mike and Marcel bring up good points about the use of other commercial sites in this forum. Pedro may not be as active as some people here (not that I'm as active either), but at least he's not spamming us with posts for his site. Besides, if it's ok to talk about stuff found on other sites that promote what we do (Jeff Zaffino's patterns, DeWalt saws, MSN Groups, Flying Dutchman, and so many more), why can't somebody do a little self promotion as long as it's in good taste and is accepted by everybody here.

Just my two cents. I don't mean to start an uproar with this one.

Jim
                      Jim
                      DeWalt DW788 & Dremel 1680

Comment

The Bridge

Thanks For The Tip Mike,i Want That Pattern . Never Would Have Known It Was There. Tks Again, Rain Man

Comment

I think the point of Kevin's post was to test the waters and see what the general feeling of the community here was.

Do you think this is a commercial post? If so, do you think it should be allowed?

It gives everyone a taste of what the other moderators and I try to figure out every day!

I'll pose another question in a different thread about this.

Bob
                          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

My opinion.

This is a great forum for scrollers. It is a resource for information and support of the scrolling hobby.
                            I know it is hosted by Fox Chapel and that should be respected.
                            I like to be made aware of whats on the market ( Pedro's patterns, new blades etc.) It should all be treated as information. I would object if the forum was spammed by dealers and vendors.

ps This is the most active forum of all the ones I visit so you must be doing something right.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I agree with Rolf. If we treat it as info it is a good thing. I like Pedro's patterns, as well. (I am thinking to ordering the Eiffel Tower) and I think the bridge is awesome.

I would not like to see the forum spammed by dealers and vendors either, Rolf.

Mike, please do not leave the forum. Your input is too valuable. When I first started you helped me so much.

-Bill
                              Last edited by wwalker47; 06-15-2006, 03:56 PM.
                              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                                Today, 12:25 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Bread and Cheese..
                                by keystonecop
                                ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                                Today, 12:08 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                                by keystonecop
                                This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                                Today, 12:01 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by jim_mex
                                Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                                Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Turning to something new
                                by will8989
                                That is beautiful. Your design?
                                Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X