One Subject, various patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Subject, various patterns

I have been playing around alot this past year with using one subject and designing multiple patterns for fretwork, intarsia/segmentation.

"Mooshoo Dragon" is one of the projects we have worked on this past year. I am curious to know how many have ever taken their favorite scrolled pattern and tried to convert it to another style, i.e., fretwork, segementation and what the results were.
    Attached Files

I love your work Toni and Sue!

I have done some experimenting with the pattern designs but haven't cut anything yet. I was working on the heads of Easter Island.
    I did designs for fretwork, segmentation, and puzzles. I didn't get a chance to do any intarsia designs for it yet.

Keep inspiring us
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I'm sure I'd love those projects (all your stuff is good ) but I'm finding the photos a little small to see any detail. Any chance of enlarging them?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I want it !!!

Hi Toni,

I agree with GILL that your images are small. my screen resolution is set to 1280x1024 and it makes for a very small, itsy bity image.

This being said, it looks like an awesome dragon.

Liking dragons myself, I went to your website and did not see the pattern as available.

Are you going to make it available in a pattern for fretwork?

Awesome work, as usual.

Regards,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Carl, Gill, and Marcel.

As for the size of the pictures, ah well, I no longer determine the format of the pictures we publish (on forums and on the website) since I turned over the whole job to my daughter. I was quick to pick some off her machine this morning, .... sorry, i'll see what I can come up with for larger.

Marcel, as for the pattern - yes "Mooshoo" is available in both fretwork and intarsia/segmentation, but Ricki hasn't had time to put it on the site yet. I will send you an email when it is. If you want to arrange purchasing this pattern, PM me and I will get it off to you.

Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated.

Take care
          Toni

Comment

I've only done a couple of patterns in more than one style, these are from my drawings. As I don't cut a lot of segmentation or intarsia, I still don't have a good feel for what makes a decent pattern in those styles.
            Kevin
            Scrollsaw Patterns Online
            Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to Farmers market
              by will8989
              Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
              Today, 10:31 PM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by tgiro01
              Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
              Today, 09:38 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
              Today, 06:47 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
              Today, 06:38 PM
            • Jim Finn
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by Jim Finn
              The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
              Today, 04:48 PM
            Working...
            X