just a simple dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a simple dragon

this is a dragon door sign I made for a 7 year olds door, he picked the pattern and siad this is how he wanted it, if it had just been me I would have made it out of one complete piece. Made from 1/2 red oak and not stained but finished with a few coats of poly. I know the picture needs some help but I can only take with the camera I have and it seems it always makes one side of the picture brighter then the other no matter what the lighting is. Let me know what I could have done to make it better (the work not the photo).

Wayne
    Attached Files
    You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus...Mark Twain

Great Dragon there

Charlie,
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Wayne,

The dragon is fine, I'm sure the kid must be very happy dad did this for him

As for the picture :

If your flash is on the right side of your camera:
      Try putting a tissue (Kleenex) folded in half (double layer) over the flash, it will diffuse the light some and probably help.
      You seem to be experiencing a parallax problem, where you are too close to your subject and the flash being off to the side illuminates the side it's on more than the opposite side (hope I'm making some sense).

If your flash is on the left side of your camera:
      Take a good look at how you hold your camera, you are probably inadvertently covering part of your flash with your finger or knuckle, due to the way you hold your camera.

Let me know if this helps

Regards,
      Marcel
      Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 06-13-2006, 06:49 PM.
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Wayne,
        I'd say that if the customer (Kyle) is happy, and I'd bet that he is, then that's a job well done. The cutting looks very even, and that's a very "dragonly" font you chose to write his name.
        Good job, cowboy!
        Sandy

Comment

Great job on the dragon Wayne. I've sold tons of pieces, but nothing makes me feel better than the look from my sons or daughters or nieces when I give them a cutting.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
            Reply to Pattern Vault
            by dottyblues
            Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
            Today, 12:20 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Linda In Phoenix
            So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
            I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
            In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
            I also added the...
            Yesterday, 10:49 PM
          • will8989
            Supermax
            by will8989
            Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Help help
            by will8989
            Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
            Yesterday, 10:11 PM
          • KarlB
            Reply to Pattern Vault
            by KarlB
            Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
            Yesterday, 10:05 PM
          Working...
          X