Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally My Chess Set

Hi all
    I know you've been waiting with baited breath,(HA HA) so here is the chess set. It is a Diana Thompson pattern featured in the SSW magazine. I've made four of these, the first one I gave to my eldest grandson, 2, I sold(with Diana's permission) and this one I kept. This set is made from red cedar (dark pieces) and sugar pine, which btw reminded me of buttered popcorn while I was cutting it. I think the storage box/board has room for improvement which I will work on when I get the next set finished.

Thanks for looking, and all the help with the pics
    Marsha
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Marsha...

we love to see pictures of other peoples work..
    that's a very nice chess set you made and it almost makes me want to learn how to play so I can make one too..

welcome to the board.....

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

That looks great Marsha. I'm still looking for sugar pine and haven't found any around here yet.

I don't know how you are doing your storage, but an idea for your next chess board/storage box. Save one side of the scrap from each chess piece that you cut. Glue the scrap pieces onto the bottom of your storage drawer. Cover the inside of your drawer then with the spray on felt.

The end result is that you have a custom slot to store each chess piece onto that exactly fits the contour of the piece. Less rolling around and less breakage during storage.

I've used this idea with chess sets and also with 3D ornaments. It allows them to be stored with less breakage also.

Comment

Very nice work

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Well Fretnmore,
          My hubby suggested exactly the same thing, and I thought he was nuts. but coming from a fellow scroller it sounds like a good idea.
          Thanks
          Marsha

Comment

Looks great Marsha!!! Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Wow, that's really nice! Makes my fingers itch..wonder if I have any sugar pine laying around

Comment

Stunning. And you've made 4 sets???? Wow, I am duly impressed. Thanks for sharing.
                ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

I don't see any pictures just an oops sign.

Bob
                  Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

chess set

Just an oops here too.
                    Smitty
                    Dewalt 788

Comment

Oh dear, Marsha, I think you must have lost your game of chess. Someone's taken all your pieces . They were there earlier, looking very impressive, but now they've gone.

Gill
                      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

2 "oops" signs for me too. Darn!
                        Sandy

Comment

I think you oops guys better back up and reload, the pics are still on page one right where I left em.
                          Marsha

Comment

Marsha:
                            I also see OOPS sign. Are you actually using the "Manage Attachments" feature when doing your post?

Bob
                            Scrolling satisfies the passion for intricate creativity. My saw is an Excalibur EX21.

Comment

Marsha,

I'm getting the two "oups" signs also, but did see the photos yesterday.

Marcel
                              http://marleb.com
                              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X