My quilt piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My quilt piece

At last I'm getting this photos business sorted out!!! I think!

Anyway here's my piece. I finished it a while ago but wainted for the guy who gave me permission to do it,view it first. Because it is a company logo I made sure I had the right permission and then he sent me some line drawings for it. One of the conditions for using it was to acknowledge who provided the design seeing it is a regisistered logo. So I decided to put it where it could be seen so as I covered myself completely - hope it doen't distract from the work too much. (I just didn't want anyone else seeing it and copying it without the same permission.)

It is my very first piece of Intarsia and I did have fun doing it. the arms ad face is NZ rimu, the beak??? and the shirt and cap is silky oak. It is on a piece of Gaboon ply. When I committed to a square all I could think of was to do this piece (nothing else seemed appropriate to me.) Anyway hope you all think it's OK.
    Attached Files
    Cheers. Teresa .

Let me be the first to say Good job mate!

I've yet to try doing any intarsia, but I'd say you did great, better yet, you said it yourself you had fun doing it!
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Beauty!

EXCELLENT job Theresa! That is just perfect. Good on ya.......
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Great job Theresa.
        Bill
        Delta P-20

Comment

It looks great Teresa ... just love it!!

Rhys H.

Comment

Nice work Teresa.

Bob
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Great job Theresa! What a terrific idea too!

Kevin
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

That's the spitting image of the owner of our local hardware store!

What a witty design, and so nicely made, Teresa.

Gill
                There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Right nice

Little Flower-

Well done. You have done a beautiful job. Now this quilt will really be international.

-Bill
                  -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Teresa! Its great!!! I love it! Dale
                    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Theresa,

That is fine work, with a local flavor.

I like it, this quilt will definitely reflect it's multi-culturality.

Nicely done, and good subject,
                      Marcel
                      http://marleb.com
                      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

This quilt is going to be very international!
                        Great job Theresa
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Teresa are little flower. that is just great. I love the differant woods you used. the shirt is a kick. love how you tured the grain. like stripes.on such a small tile. you sure got it all in there. that must have taken some planning. you did good girl. also where did you get caboon ply. never heard of that. now thats some pretty stuff. wish we could get that here. I could do some stuff with that. your friend Evie

Comment

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Evie: (where did you get caboon ply. never heard of that. now thats some pretty stuff. wish we could get that here.)

It's from a NZ company. look up www.plyman.co.nz
                            Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Thank you Teresa, I put that link in to my favorites. I'll be looking into that. thanks. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                                Today, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                                Today, 11:18 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by jim_mex
                                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                                Today, 09:17 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                                Today, 08:42 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Rolf
                                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                                Today, 08:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X