Scrolling Paperpads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling Paperpads

Has anyone scrolled Post-it pads? Today I tried one and results were only so-so. The best blade I had that worked was a FD #3 Scroll Reverse with a sacrifical (sp) backer board. I cut two pad thickness, about 7/16 inch thick. I think I should have only cut one pad at a time.

Any blade suggestions would be appreciated.
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Hiya Bob,
    I haven't done it, but in reading about doing this technique, I think you want to sandwich the paper between 2 thin sacrificial pieces of wood. I would'n't bother with the reverse tooth blade either, I'd just use a regular skip-tooth.

Kevin
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

When I cut out the 500 snowflakes from card stock I used a #7 blade,
      The stock I was cutting was 3/4 to 1 inch thick.

I used a smaller blade to start but it offered no benefit.
      The edges are just as smooth with a coarser blade.
      I did use tag board under the stack but no board on the top.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

When I first cut this pattern I sandwiched a stack of green craft paper between 2 pieces of 1/8 baltic birch. The stack has to be very tight. I used a 2/0 reverse blade. The cuts on the paper were very clean and the edges of my wood had an interesting green tinge. I was originally going to use the craft paper for the cards but my wife decided that the wood ornament would be nicer. I cut about 40 of them 6 to 7 at a time 1/16 thick.
        Attached Files
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
          When I first cut this pattern I sandwiched a stack of green craft paper between 2 pieces of 1/8 baltic birch. The stack has to be very tight. I used a 2/0 reverse blade. The cuts on the paper were very clean and the edges of my wood had an interesting green tinge. I was originally going to use the craft paper for the cards but my wife decided that the wood ornament would be nicer. I cut about 40 of them 6 to 7 at a time 1/16 thick.
          Rolf, thats a nice job, I wish I would have seen this post before I tryed it last Xmas. I am going to show a picture. just to show how small it is. the fret work is awsum. the pattern is from BJ holms. a master pattern maker if i might add. She has made some ornements that I just can't seem to cut. this one is out of 1/8 bb ply. and wish i would have known about the papper thing. I sure would have cut more. in a stack. Thanks Rolf. I will try this in the future. your frined Evie
          Attached Files

Comment

And your arm is in a cast because ????????????????????????????????? Ornie looks great! Sorry, I cant help on the paper cutting, but someday I will try.Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale your so funny. No I am not in a cast. this is what i were when scrolling or sewing. I have a repetive engery. so when I scroll i need to were this. lol,.
              When holding down the wood, after long hours of work. it will hurt like the blazes. so this is just what i were to keep on going. does anyone else have this probleam. your so obsevent. your friend Evie. I also were one around my waist. lol

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
                I also were one around my waist. lol
                TMI Evie TMI

TMI = Too Much Information
                MinotBob
                Makita MSJ-401
                Universal Tools:
                Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
                  When I first cut this pattern I sandwiched a stack of green craft paper between 2 pieces of 1/8 baltic birch. The stack has to be very tight. I used a 2/0 reverse blade.
                  Rolf
                  How did you hold the stack together? Once you start to make your last cut around the outside of the pattern, doesn't everthing loosen up?
                  MinotBob
                  Makita MSJ-401
                  Universal Tools:

Comment

Evie
                    That is really nice. Christmas is my wifes time to decorate and I think she'd relly like one of those. I go back to the USA in July and I plan to fill up a suitcase with some nice BB and may pickup a few others to play with.
                    MinotBob
                    Makita MSJ-401
                    Universal Tools:

Comment

Nice work Evie,
                      Thanks for giving me the name of the designer I will try and find more of her designs on the web. I didn't know who it was as I got the pattern from one of the magazine foldouts. I like cutting the 1/16 Finish birch, I do all of my ornaments with it. They look delicate but are still pretty tough.

For stack cutting the paper I just put a tack in the four corners, peened over on an anvil that pulls the stack very tight. I don't have any problems with it loosening up on the final cuts, actually it takes a little effort to separate the paper when I am done.
                      Rolf

Comment

Evie
                        I just took a quick look Googled BJ holms without any luck.
                        Could you tell me where I can find more of her patterns, Please
                        Rolf

Comment

HI Rolf. I go to her
                          chat room every night . at wooders.she is amazing and she has her patterns in CWWC in short. Creative WoodWorks and Crafts Magazine. if its ok I will post her chat room. http://www.wooders.com/WoodersChatroom.html
                          May be we will see you there. she has lots of great ornements to show. from hard to easy. not in the chat room , but she will tell you where to get them, your friend Evie

Comment

Originally posted by MinotBob
                            TMI Evie TMI

TMI = Too Much Information
                            OH NO . lol. Bob , I only meant that I do alot of setting. lol. you bad boy you. your friend Evie

Comment

try this link http://wooders.homestead.com/BJsHomePLace.html
                              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by NC Scroller
                                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                                Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                              Working...
                              X