Birdbath finally done and up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdbath finally done and up

Finally warmed up enough outside to install the bird bath from a few issues back pattern. I found out the pattern had some "errors" after I started so simply modified it as I went.

Cut out of exterior grade plywood, sprayed with primer and exterior white paint. This one took me about 2 1/2 hours total time, but I'm sure the next will be speedier as I have the actual dimensions in hand now.
    HPIM0039 (431 x 575).jpg

I also bought the companion bird feeder pattern. That one still needs to be primed and painted but thought I'd show it off now as well. 25' tape for scale, this one's "big" (about 10" openings!), about 3 1/2 hours into it so far.
    HPIM0042 (431 x 575).jpg
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Well done! I remember that issue, it never made it home with me! It was in my truck and one of my fishing/woodworking buddies latched onto it!
    Guess he's had it long enough. lol

Bill
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Bearfretworks,
      A .pdf file was posted on the forum with the correction for the side of the bird bath. I've attached it to save you the trouble of searching for it.

Bruce
      Victorian Birdbath Side rev.pdf
      Bruce
      . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
      visit sometime
      Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Great job on those Bear! I think my first issue of SSW had one of those in it (can't be positive, too many damaged braincells, hehehe).

Kevin
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Good job on both pieces.
          Bill
          Delta P-20

Comment

those did turn out nice. I would like to try the bird house feeder. its on my list. hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. your friend Evie

Comment

Originally posted by minowevie
              those did turn out nice. I would like to try the bird house feeder. its on my list. hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. your friend Evie
              Sorry Evie, but no way will it turn out as nice as mine. I'm positive it will be BETTER!

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'll post a pic of the feeder when it is painted and installed - probalby this fall
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                by meflick
                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                Today, 08:21 PM
              • Jo Labre
                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                by Jo Labre
                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                Today, 11:13 AM
              • hotshot
                by hotshot
                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                Today, 10:14 AM
              • Rolf
                by Rolf
                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                Today, 09:32 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                by Rolf
                I haven't even decided what to make!
                Today, 09:27 AM
              Working...
              X