Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpie
    replied
    Hey, I didn't know about the LED candles I want to make these for my son for his birthday, he is crazy about candles. Thanks for the excellent advice!

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    You cannot have anything on the top of the lantern, you would be amazed at how much heat even a little tea light will produce.
    When I have made candle sconces I have used a forstner bit to drill a hole for a tea light.

If you are using votives I would recommend using a glass holder.
    Tea lights on the otherhand usually come in small aluminum or plastic holders.

I have used plain printer paper in lanterns before that I have rubbed with mineral oil. I wouldnt worry about using sand. That could get messy.
    The real safety precaution here is to not leave the candles unattended.
    I did pick up some solid state LED candles that run on batteries. They look quite good when illuminating through paper. You may want to try this apporach too.

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    started a topic Lanterns

Lanterns

I am making the lanterns from this month's SSW, only I want to make them candle holders instead of electric lights. What safety precautions do I need to use? I suspect the glass votive candles are the safest candles, but I'm afraid of fire with the rice paper. Do I need to use a layer of sand in the bottom or anything like that? Any advice is deeply appreciated Thanks!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by NC Scroller
    I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
    Today, 11:24 AM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
    Yesterday, 07:00 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Daddy's scroller
    No. I haven't tried that yet...
    Yesterday, 06:55 PM
  • Chance13
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Chance13
    I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
    Yesterday, 11:08 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Rolf
    We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
    Yesterday, 07:59 AM
Working...
X