Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest

Hey everyone,
    Just finshed cutting this; it's going to appear in our pattern premium for two-year subscribers (so you're getting a preview). It was a last minute thing (we're past deadline already) and our test cutter fell through, so it fell on me to take one for the team <grin>

Here at the office, the smallest bit we had was 1/16, and the smallest blade was a #4...so I had to improvise a bit (which is why my blade-entry holes are SO big).

Took me two hours to cut it with all the veins. I'm pretty proud! It's a Volker Arnold pattern.

Bob
    Attached Files
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Always horsin around aren't you Bob

Nice job. I will check with Alan and Shannon to see if you can get the rest of the week off
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Nice job, Bob.

Hope it didn't wear you out too bad.

I'll be looking forward to the issue as I just subscribed for 2 years. That pattern looks like it might come in handy for as a gift for a friend of mine.

Thanks for sharing.
      Kelly
      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Looks good Bob;
        Nice work and nice pattern.
        W.Y.
        http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

kewl looks great

Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

I am a big fan of Volker's designs. He likes a lot of viening. I hope that pattern will be available to the rest of us also.
            Anytime you need a test cutter I'm sure you might be able to find one in this forum. (ME ME ME) Lots of very helpful people here.
            There seems to be a nice representation of all levels.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Like I said, Rolf, the pattern is going to be in the Ultimate Scrolling Pattern book, the premium you get for signing up for a 2-year subscription.

I may have to re-cut it, I'm really not happy with how large those blade-entry holes are...

Bob
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Those aren't pilot holes. Those are fireflies and trails that happen to follow prexisting patterns.

Sorry on a bit of a jester kick today.
                Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Bob,

This ultimate pattern book for 2 year subscribers, you send it to those that subscribe as of when?

Or, put another less indirect route: I just got my first issue of my two year subscription, will I receive that bonus?

Regards,
                  Marcel
                  http://marleb.com
                  DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

It depends on when you signed up...If I remember correctly, you just signed up, right? If so, you'll be getting it as soon as it's printed and shipped.

BTW, through the magic of Photoshop, Jon is going to "shrink" the size of my blade-entry holes <grin>

Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I would say definatly yes, the blade holes look huge! Did you say it was a 1/16th bit, or a 1-1/16th? LOL, The pattern has potential though, Theres not many german shepard patterns out there, and you found one with TWO of the dogs! Dale
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Nice job Bob.
                        Bill
                        Delta P-20

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by markdavd
                          I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                          Today, 09:45 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          by NC Scroller
                          My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                          Today, 07:42 AM
                        • will8989
                          by will8989
                          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                          Today, 12:20 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                          The bags seem easier on the surface.
                          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                        Working...
                        X