Is this possible?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible?!?!?

I would like to make a small ornate box like the picture below. Is it possible to do this with my scroll saw if I make it in slices and laminate it? box.jpg
    If the picture isn't viewable please check out the website.
    http://wavesinwood.justcollectingdust.com/ovals.html

Thanks
    Pat

It's definately possible. Check out the Monogram Keepsake Box Rhys madein our last issue. These boxes are based on the same principle.

Bob Duncan
    Technical Editor
    Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts

(Bob, who always gives his credentials the first time he responds to a new poster <grin>)
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

C'mon BobD,

Admit that you wanted to throw that new name for the mag in here somewhere

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I had to change the way I think (I'm working on the new issue with the new name as we speak)...It took me forever to remember, so I deserve to be able to gloat a little <grin>

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Your doing a great job Bob, keep it up. dale

(the guy who just goes by dale, lucky, or a number of names not fit for this site)
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
            Reply to My covid angel
            by NC Scroller
            Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
            Today, 12:35 PM
          • Bill Wilson
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Bill Wilson
            Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
            Today, 09:51 AM
          • planeur
            Reply to My covid angel
            by planeur
            Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
            I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
            Was it a good idea.....?...
            Today, 09:45 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to My covid angel
            by Rolf
            Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
            Today, 09:02 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Tough Decisions
            by Rolf
            The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
            Today, 08:49 AM
          Working...
          X