Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Hi,

I've been reading these forums for the last few months and thought it would be good to say hi. My name is Daniel and I live in Attleborough, Norfolk, England. I've been scrolling for about 4 months now and been getting loads of advice from here. So I thought I better replay the help and contribute to the quilt you are all making. I've been a chef for about 10 years now and that is where the inspiration came from for the piece. I hope you like it. I've also posted some of the other pieces I’ve done in the galleries. I'm sure this will be the first post of many.

Dan.
    Attached Files

Hi Dan

You're designing and producing work like that after only four months? Impressive!

Welcome to the forum .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome-- If that is what you have done after four months --wow -- you are going to go far-- keep up the good work -very impressive.
      Sharon

Comment

Well this is an incr....EDIBLE contribution, Thank you from all of us and happy scrolling.
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome Dan

Wow!

I sure hope scrolling is putting a little spice in your life, since you are good at it.

If you can cook something imaginative like this after only four months, it will be a piece of cake in the future.

Darn, now I'm hungry.
          Marcel
          http://marleb.com
          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hi Dan. and welcome to the group. I agree with all that has been said here. that is a very nice piece and quite thoughtfull. now you can whip up some more tasties for us. mmmmmmmmmm. your new friend Evie

Comment

Welcome, your first projects look great, hope to hear more from you in the future. Welcome. Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments, I've just been trying to find a box to send it in. I think I've found a box big enough for it to fit and strong so not to damage the piece. I send it in the post tomorrow

Dan.

Comment

very nice,welcome to the group :-)
                  Charlie
                  "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                  Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                    Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                    by will8989
                    Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                    Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by will8989
                    Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                    Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                    Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Sundays market
                    by will8989
                    We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                    Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                  Working...
                  X