X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust collector for Scroll saw Part 2

This is the final picture of the whole set up

This is the way I have clean glasses and if it is not on the glasses it will not be in the lungs. Any questions?????
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

That looks like a great idea, you've got the wheels turning in my head now! Do you have problems getting small pieces sucked up and stuck to the tube?

Comment

Wow...nice rig. I'm with sappy about the little parts being sucked up...any problems?
      Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
      He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
      And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
      He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
      Many will see and fear
      And will trust in the Lord.
      Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

Small pieces do get sucked up the tube but they don't go far. At the side of the top of the saw there is a steel tube. The stoppage usually happens there. Slide off the plastic tube blow it out and you set to go again. When I am working with small pieces I don't want going anywhere. I wrap a small piece of cheesecloth over the end and hold it on with a rubber band. Don't need to do this often. Really small pieces usually go on to the vacuum instead of the floor. l
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

That ought to work,never thought about vacuuming instead of blower.Tony

Comment

ChuckD, looks like a nice set up. How far away is your vacuum? How about noise? I have a Shop-Vac that I wouldn't want to listen to while sawing. Would have to wear ear protection.
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I have a very quiet Fein. It will be further away after I get the shop set up but it is not a problem. The vacuum and the machine come on and go off the same time and you can't hear the vacuum over the sound of the Scroll saw. This is on both machines.
              Chuck D

Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

G'day Chuck,
                Great set-up and idea mate.
                I too was wondering about the noise. I have a dust collector that's not to bad, but my "Shop Vac" Sounds like a B52 firing up.

Those Fein's are supposed to be the Ducks Guts when it comes quiet.
                Regards
                John
                "The Golden Mile"

“In my acting, I have to identify with something in the character. The big tough boy on the side of right—that’s me. Simple themes. Save me from the nuances. All I do is sincerity, and I’ve been selling the hell out of that ever since I started.
                John Wayne
                Some of my Stuff
                Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Very nice setup, wish someone would come up with something like that for a Dewalt788
                  http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...00&ppuser=6384

Comment

I don't know of any reason it won't work on Big yellow. This was not made for any machine. Just put the pieces together and VOLA.
                    Chuck D

Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

Looks good Chuck!
                      -- Rick --

Comment

Chuck, I have two Hegners and years ago I bought the vac system they sell...but I the shop vac I used had a larger hose..so I have the hose, for a better way of saying, stuffed under the table to pick up all the dust that falls...the shop vac is located in a small building out side the shop with the hose through the wall..remember, I live in warm weather. The other day I decided to try using that system again on one of the Hegners, but the darn hose on the top seems to get in the way of my cutting. I am always catching something on the corner of it...so off it came.

I don't seem to get allot of dust on top, but I am wondering if a larger hose hooked to the top support would pick up dust. Perhaps a larger hose with a flat nozzle on the end right behind the blade but raised enough to be out of the way...Now that I have said it, I will have to try it. Thanks for the idea!!
                        Hawaiilad
                        Larry

Comment

Looks like it would work well to me .,
                          Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Larry, The unit I made, and for the Hegner, both have steel bars running thru the connector mounted on the machine. They can be loosened and the hose raised so it is above the wood. I even have the tube cut off at the bottom so the sawdust is being drawn up while the tube is away from the wood and out of your way. Remember it does not go to the front of the saw blade, it stays back a good distance, well, an inch or two. As for the hose size, maybe a PVC reducer would take care of that. Good luck
                            Chuck D

Jean De La Bruyere...

l

Comment

Thanks again Chuck, I am going to drag out the vac system for the Hegner tomorrow and see if perhaps I was doing something wrong the first time I tried using it. I did notice the hook up that bolts to the bottom of the table is well below the lower blade holder...does it still suck up the droppings? The hose I have there now is much closer.

It looks like your P-20 has a port on under the front of the table...
                              Hawaiilad
                              Larry

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X