This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrVscroller View Post
    I have large pizza pan mounted on both my saws that are larger than the saw table--the saw dust drops onto the pan and the blower blows it to the pan--then I just vacuum it up when I am done cutting
    Welcome to the forum from TN. Could you show a picture of your setup?
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Needed to do the same thing because of all the dust the MDF was kicking up at me. I have the luxury of having a small 3D printer, so I just
      designed some parts to collect the blade dust the lower vac port didn't. I wound up making the scoop for the table, the articulated arm connecting it to the scroll saw arm, the adapter to the clear section of tubing I had just laying around from some other project and the adapter to the 3" hose coming from the blast gate to the shop vac system on the 3D printer. It works great. The adjustable arm lest me raise / lower the vac scoop for different thicknesses.vac port on scrollsaw 1.jpg
      Pop
      Delta 16" 40-530
      Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Looks good!, what printer and software are you using?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I use the one he shows for Hegner and really like it. You can't see, but underneath the table is an adjustable shoot, for lack of a better word, that allows the dust from the top to be suctioned off and into the vacuum. I extended the bottom piece from hegner with a piece of 1" pvc sliced in half and attached it to the piece from Hegner. I've been using it since they came out with the design. I will take a picture tomorrow when I am back downstairs and post it and it will make more sense. I have a flexible hose and when it clogs from paper or a piece of wood, I just bend the hose straight, tap it or bang it if I'm irritated, and the clog falls out. If that doesn't work, I take the other end of the hose and hook it back up to the baffle and it blows the dust out. There is no dust blowing into my face or on my clothes.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Been off-line for quite a bit but during the pandemic I attacked the problem of dust collection on my scrollsaw with my 3D printer. I wanted the most vacuum I could get from my vac system for both below and above the saw table. Dust drives me crazy because of allergies. The bottom (which I couldn't find my pictures of) allows me to connect a 2 1/4" hose to the underside. The top is fully adjustable and allowed me to use some other clear 22 1/2 deg tubing I had for another project to use with standard 2/1/4" vac tubing. The articulated arm on the top section was made on the 3D printer and allows me to move the collector closer to the work and adjust to a usable height for max suck-em-up. The adapters for the tubing and connection end to my overhead blast gate was made on the printer too. So far it's worked fine with the exception of me breaking off the one bolt head while adjusting the dust port one day. I had forgotten the arm loosened from the wrong side of the adapter where it connected to the scrollsaw itself. DUH. 30 minutes later it was back in business. i just went up and printed another bolt.
            Attached Files
            Pop
            Delta 16" 40-530
            Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              Looks good!, what printer and software are you using?
              Sorry Rolf.. been down for a while. Did in 2 more disc in my back over the pandemic. Anyway.. I bought a 3D printer from Monoprice. It's a Monoprice Select Mini 3D printer. It was only $180 when I bought it. Build size is 5 x 5 x 5. I've had to make a few things in sections and glue them together like replacement drawers for some of my small parts cabinets, but it's been a nice printer. I even found some wood infused filament I've use on a few things. If I wasn't so freakin old, I sell it and but one that has the capability of 8 x 8 x 8 builds. Prices were pretty low for a while. The filament comes in almost any color you can imagine and standard is 1.75mm / 1KG per roll (about 3281 ft). That a lot of projects. Made this for my grandson during the pandemic. Scaled a regular lego man into it's GIANT brother and 2 small minions.
              Attached Files
              Pop
              Delta 16" 40-530
              Ryobi 16" VS

Comment

I am impressed! with your not only your wood working skills but with the 3d printing. What software are you using to design the parts?
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                  Reply to My computer issues.
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
                  Today, 05:55 PM
                • Rolf
                  by Rolf
                  Linda,
                  Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
                  Today, 08:41 AM
                • RJweb
                  by RJweb
                  Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
                  Today, 08:39 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to New turning tools
                  by Rolf
                  Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
                  Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
                  This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
                  Today, 08:27 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  by NC Scroller
                  There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
                  Today, 07:57 AM
                Working...
                X