Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you working on?

Hi,

Spring is in the air, the birds are chirpin' and the BBQ is cookin', but what's on your plate?

Do you have a scrollsaw project in the works?
    What is it?

I'm working on making my blade holder and a pattern by Jay P. called frog tower.

Also, I just received my order of FD spiral blades from Mike in BC. I find that I like cutting with a spiral blade; more feedback to come on this.

I think I have enough blades for a year LOL (or so says SWMBO, and she may be right: got about 5 gross), Pegas & FD: trying to see which I prefer.

Also got my easy lift and foot pedal. I love the pedal, I think all saws should come with one standard, why don't they?

As for the Easy lift, I'm learning to top feed. Not so evident when you first started by bottom feeding (my DW788 does both).

I had ordered the back issues of SSW and another mag from Windchimes along with my Pegas blades, so plenty of things to keep me busy for a while.

Add the project of the future workshop, I mean garage, and home reno: bathroom, living room, deck, flooring, the architect, contractor, getting the permits... Starting & cleaning the pool, picking up after the dogs, lawn care, my daughter moving back in for a month (long story) and I think I'm gonna go nuts soon

I also got the Wacom Intuos3 9x12 tablet with the intention of learning to make my own patterns, but that is getting put on standby for now due to lack of time.

And my saw is in the basement, but I don't want to spend the summer in the basement while it's nice outside, but I can't carry it up & down all the time either, but I don't want to stop making sawdust, but... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok, I feel better now One thing at a time and all will get done, right?

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I just finished up a 'baseball' yard sign of my youngest son. Something we put in the yard to let all know we are proud of our boys and the sports they play... a community thing. I had done a basketball sign for the other son, and could not go without making one for the other son.

Then.... are you all ready????? We are actually going to CLEAN the shop up completely and get it read for a bit of a make-over.

Comment

This weekend...

while my wife and dog and about 150 of our fishing friends are up at the lake, I'll be at home on call for work and to think this get together was planned around my schedule..

that's right... I'll be loading up the camper on the truck and then waving good by as they head off for a great time....

the only thing I have to look forward to is my new pattern to work on while their gone..

I just hope I don't get too bummed and cut a finger or something..

Trout
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Trout; 05-02-2006, 10:13 PM.
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

I'm working on my tile for the quilt and I'm beginning to think it would have been easier to use an already created pattern.
        Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

First, to trout...Where is that pattern from?????????????? My dad would love one of those done in ebonized wood!
          Right now, I'm going full bore with 4H kids, every night of the week except friday, and after next week, Fridays will be booked too. When I get a chance to do my own thing, I am working on the quilt squares. I have 2 oiled, and will Deft them tomarrow night after a trip to the dentist (cringing). I think what I have cut for the quilt squares turned out surprisingly well, and might have pictures by the weekend to share. Also, I learned the other night we need a wedding gift for a June wedding, so my wife said what clock , and I did all the tablesaw work getting the wood prepped, then when she came home from work, she had changed her mind, and I had to search and search for my Wakefield clock plans. Now as soon as I get time, will have to prep some more wood to start that.I better do it before she changes her mind again, then if she does, I will need a trip out to Petersons Custom Lumber for more wood!
          Ive got so much I want to do, I dont know where to start, but cutting the charity squares has been so nice for me, to work on a small project although once you see pictures you will wonder how it could have possibly been relaxing. And for a great cause, which makes it all the more special.I signed up for one, and my wife was a possibile 1, but i've cut out two, and I have an idea for one more, soI just might do another. Time will tell. Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
            First, to trout...Where is that pattern from?????????????? Dale
            the pattern is from Wildwood designs, it's in the Intarsia section under miscellaneous...
            http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/prodi...em=44&dept=166

lucky me, I guess I got the last one because they shipped it on monday and now the pattern is now in back order...

Trout
            Last edited by Trout; 05-02-2006, 11:28 PM.
            Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
            Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

What am I doing? My Lady saw a picture of a shop, a CLEAN shop, on this forum and has decided that if I can't make it that clean, she can. She won't even listen to my threats. DARN AND DOUBLE DARN. Last time I will let her look at the computer over my shoulder.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I'm cleaning and rearranging my shop to try and make it a little more streamlined and productive. I'm also building some new collapsible displays as spring craft season is upon me. Cutting at least a couple of mini-clocks a day (these things are great sellers). I just printed off one of my patterns to get started on as well. I'm also laying out the cuts for a fairly large project that I want to get started on in June, I'll probably start resawing and planing the lumber for it as well during breaks from cutting/cleaning. I'm designing a clock and a box, something a little different for the box, I'm curious if it will look ok once cut. I'll probably do that friday night. Other than that, I'm just kicking back and relaxing.

Kevin
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Just working on my quilt squares. Ofcorse, I have more projects planed but when do I have time to do them? Well, the good thing about scrolling is you will never run out of things to saw.

-Bill
                  -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

I generally have two or three projects going at the same time since there is always "waiting for the glue to dry" time and "waiting for the paint to dry" time, etc on each project. Currently I am working on a series of segmentation nudes (ever seen a nude segmentation?) that can't be shown on this "family" forum and a "self" portrait. I am also carving some walking sticks. Cleaning my shop is like making my bed. Why bother?
                    Moon
                    Old Mooner

Comment

I hope the nude segmentation and self portrait are not one and the same.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I got ambitious this past weekend and cleaned and rearranged my shop. It's down in the basement, but it's a walk out basement with windows/door on one wall so working in the shop during the summer is actually great. I can open the door/windows and it stays really nice and cool no matter what the temp outside and I don't feel so guilty about not getting outside. Anyway, MIL had to stay with us this past weekend and to avoid her I hid out in the shop. It's so nice and organized and clean now. I can actually find what I'm looking for.

My current projects include a cow gum ball machine, my quilt square, a 55 Chevy that I'm not sure if I want to do it in intarsia/segmentation or do a relief carving of it. I'm also working on an underwater scene for our bathroom. It's all done in tropical decor and I wanted to add some funky fish and seaweed, which I found when cleaning up. I had forgotten about them.

I just finished making a rather whimsical "stump" for a friend of mine. She wanted something that wasn't geared toward any one holiday for her front porch. I took a piece of pressure treated lumber I got from a friend, it's about 2 feet tall. I covererd it with Bondo Hair to make it look like a tree stump with roots and all and then painted it brown. I added a bunch of brightly colored flowers, some bees and a dragon fly that I carved his body from a dowel. I didn't do any sawing on it as I used wooden pieces from this bag of assorted wood pieces I had bought at Michaels (what exactly I bought them for I can't remember). The hubby thinks it's cute, I only hope the intended receipient feels the same.

Now that the shop is cleaned up I'm dying to get down there and make a mess, but other things keep popping up. It's supposed to rain most of the weekend and the NASCAR race is Saturday nite, good excuse to play in the shop all day on Sunday.
                        Kelly
                        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Trout
                          while my wife and dog and about 150 of our fishing friends are up at the lake, I'll be at home on call for work and to think this get together was planned around my schedule..

that's right... I'll be loading up the camper on the truck and then waving good by as they head off for a great time....

the only thing I have to look forward to is my new pattern to work on while their gone..

I just hope I don't get too bummed and cut a finger or something..

Trout
                          Trout,

Awesome truck! Was this a pattern you purchased somewhere? I've been looking for things like this but I haven't seen any. Wow, what a fantastic job. The hubby got me hooked on old cars and trucks. '55 Chevy is my favorite but there are so many cool old vehicles out there. We try to catch as many car shows as we can locally. I saw a mid '50s Crown Victoria the other night, that was a sweet ride. I need to learn to make patterns from pictures. I guess I'll put that on my to do list . . .
                          Kelly
                          "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

well are nice neibors. gave us a 22' x 8' trailor. and my hubby is working on it. and I am the goffer. had to rip out the whole back end down to the mettale. and rebuild the flloor, as well as the walls. got that done. and then replaced the floor. and rebuilt the bathroom. got a new refriedg. and cleaned all the other things. sink. stove. (cleaned. painted. and new gas, and water inlets.). we also had to fix all the widow openings. and top vents. some electrical. and door nobs. lots and lots of things. (ME) I ordeared the new foam for the beds and seats. now making the custion covers. and curtains. cleaning the walls, and oil ing them . and light fixtuers.

WWwuuu. looking forward to going camping. but for now . while hubby is working on the trailor. I get to do all the other chors. watering, weeding , gardoning, house work, laundry, and taking car of the critters. shopping. not to mention getting ready for are trip to Vaginia. I am still waiting to resaw my wood for my next project. but the shop is used up for now.
                            this retirement is alot harder than I thought it would be. At leaste when I was working. I new when my time was over. hahah. now I work all the time. and have to go lookie loo at all hubby does. come help. come see. whhhuu.
                            am I done yet.

I just wont to be in my shop with my wood, and saw. working on my project. I have to sneeck time to come in here to talk to my friends. and there he is looking over my sholder. say Hi Neal. He thinks I have a guy friend in here. Well I don't think that is what you wonted to here. BUT you asked. my tile patterns are on the wall . waithing . but I am so glad I have till August. yaa. wont disapoint any one. not to mention. I am a gramma. and they wont there attintion too. dinner time. and uuuaa time. not to mention the enteruptions. on friends.(online) wonting to have some of my time. how do you do this , and what do I do here.

Well dompt. thanks. now I feel better. sorry , but I am just humon. your friend Evie, all I really wont to do is my fretwork. and gardoning. breack my filly. and ride off into the sunset. catch a few fish . and listen to the birds.

Comment

Not much going on scroll saw wise. I,am in the process of finishing my woodshop right now. Hope to get the drywall on the ceiling this weekend and the lights hung. Always dreamed of having my own woodshop. Will take some time tho to get it the way I want it. I,am new to this form and I,am enjoying it alot. I too have the Dewalt 788. I really like the saw alot. But I have not checked the table for the problem that others are talking about. You all have a good weekend.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X