Great Grizzly Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Grizzly Finished

I finished my second project. Jeff Zaffino's Great Grizzly. I haven't put any finish on it yet. This one took a little over 21 hours so far. This time I used thinner plywood, about 5mm, than the Tightwire project and it came out much better.
    Attached Files
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Wow!

Bob,

That is awesome work.

What size is the plaque?
    And what blade did you use?
    What starting hole size?

Nice job,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

It's 14" X 11" and I used a FD New Spiral, 2/0 with a 0.027, #68, pilot. I really like the 2/0 spiral. It did take 25 saw blades to finish though.
      MinotBob
      Makita MSJ-401
      Universal Tools:
      Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Incredible. Looks fantastic.
        Kelly
        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Very nice work! I recently did a Gary Browning pattern of a windmill in 11 x 17...it was very challenging! So I really appreciate the work that you put into this one!

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

MinotBob, nice job. I did Jeff's "Engine 86" with a straight blade. Jeff's pictures are very challanging. How do you finish your work? Mick. P-20
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Very Very Nice !!

Having cut one of Jeff Zuffinos pictures I can really appreciate the effort it took to do the Grizzly. The end result is certainly worth it. Did you Stack cut it? I cut 3 at a time, one for me one as a gift and the other I will sell.

It certainly is a test of patience.
              Beautiful.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Totally terrific, Bob!
                5mm plywood - hmmm... that's less than 1/4" and more than 1/8" -- is it BB or something like oak? The grain seems to be pretty fine - a beautiful choice, whatever. Now, what is your next project?
                Sandy

Comment

Boy you don't hold back do you Bob? Doing one of Jeff's patterns for a 2nd project shows no fear! Great job!

I love those spiral blades! One more question for you, do you remember how many starter holes it took?

Bill
                  Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

very nice
                    Charlie
                    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Lol, While reading this, Bills post got me to chuckle! I now know Im not the only one that likes to count the holes drilled in projects as I cut them ! The grizzly looks great !!!!! And for a second project, something of that caliber is unheard of!!! This should be inspiration to anyone just getting started into scrolling, to show that you can accomplish anything you set out to do!! Great job on a fine project! Dale
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Originally posted by sheltiecarver
                        Totally terrific, Bob!
                        5mm plywood - hmmm... that's less than 1/4" and more than 1/8" -- is it BB or something like oak? The grain seems to be pretty fine - a beautiful choice, whatever. Now, what is your next project?
                        Sandy
                        As near as I can tell the wood is possibly Mahagony. I still have go around to have it translated into English. I didn't stack it. After I did the Tightwire Cowboy I wasn't sure what quality of plywood I was using. It turned out to be mych better. I have several finish's available. I'm going to do some test pieces tonight.
                        MinotBob
                        Makita MSJ-401
                        Universal Tools:

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
                          One more question for you, do you remember how many starter holes it took?
                          Bill
                          I drilled 583 holes and had a timer running when I was working, 21:20 hours so far. Actually these are good starter patterns. Who's going to tell you that you can't follow a line?
                          MinotBob
                          Makita MSJ-401
                          Universal Tools:

Comment

Bob thats awesome work and only your 2nd portrait all I can say is WOW.
                            Delta P-20

Comment

583 holes. wow. then you had to cut 583 cuts. NOW THATS , a GREAT BIG , 2nd project. I am so proud of you. I have not tryed any of Jeffs. patterns. but I think we all agree. any of them , is a feat , for any of us. Wow you did a great job.

Charlie. Now there is a BIG puppy. to try. lol. YOU CAN DO IT.

I am so impressed. GOOD GOING. your friend Evie. WOW

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                                Today, 11:39 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                                Today, 11:36 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                                Today, 11:32 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by NC Scroller
                                I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                                Today, 11:30 AM
                              Working...
                              X