Quilt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilt Question

Ok, I have a pattern. One I designed. One that is now presenting me with a delima. The pattern could also be done by a table, radial arm, or miter saw as well. You see the lines are all straight. I could remove some of the lines but I have an idea which leads more to the 61/64 piece count.

Comments? Suggestions?
    Attached Files
    Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

I love it....I can see it in a variety of colors...parquetry style....

I wouldn't change anything!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Nice design!!!

I see it in different colors, like Bob, but also segmented 3d for relief effect

Oh, and did I say nice design?

Nice design

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That's going to look good no matter you cut it .

I'm wondering if incorporating some acrylic mirror might give it that extra magic sparkle.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thx. I appreciate the positive.

I picked up a sampler hardwood box from a WoodCraft store and found the following, purpleheart, zebrawood, walnut, yellowheart(?). Looking at a quarter I am thinking of starting with the inside of the star radiating out Walnut, Zebra, Purpleheart. The inside square might be maple (quilted if I can find/afford it). With the rest of the pieces being poplar. The two lozenges on the outside would be Walnut as well. I was thinking of having the Zebra on the outside but I don't know how well it contrast. I guess I should just cut up 8 of each and play with layout. I also 'inherited. some teak, olive, and apple from my uncle-in-law when we resawed the lumber. It's all about 5/4 to 6/4 wide. Now I will need that ROS.

Thanks for the support. I just felt like it might be a 'cheap way out' since the scroll saw isn't really a requirement for the pattern.

Thx again.
          Sawdust King

Comment

doesnt look like your taking the cheap way to me. all the work your and thought your putting into this block, its going to look great. and like Gill says. your making it. it will turn out great. I can 't wait to see the finished block. your friend Evie

Comment

First of all I can't believe it's been a month since I was last in here. Guess my full time job just takes up too much time!! Sawdust, your quilt design is just fabulous. I am also making a "quilt" block but it isn't as nearly as demanding as yours. Something like that would take me forever & ever to do!! And secondly, I decided I would much rather quilt with material, sewing machine & thread than a scroll saw, wood & sand paper! LOL
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Looks like it could be a real good piece to me.
                Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Well I modified the pattern a bit to make it more dependent on the scrollsaw (see attachment). But after the first stack cut and cutting a single out. I might revert back to my original pattern. That and the fact I would probably need a spindle sander for the curves and justifying the $200 for the Rigid oscilating spindle/belt sander seems a bit much. Not that I am giving up on the 'want'. These shapes seem a lot bigger on my VDT than IRL.
                  Attached Files
                  Sawdust King

Comment

WOW thats a challenge.
                    I like the first one too though, I would stay with it.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Jeepers!
                      That's a hard looking one. If you really want to do it, why not do them both? I really like the first one - sort of classic simplicity with infinite possibilities, or sumpthin' like that.
                      Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X