Coyote Software pattern put to wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote Software pattern put to wood

Well here is my first real pattern that I made and put to wood using the coyote software program.

It is a picture of me in my young and innocent stage....
    And will be my Mothers Day gift to my Mom.

I find the Coyote Software very user friendly, heck I made a pattern!!

All comments welcome
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Hi Billy
    That looks great! congratulations. I too bought the SW but haven't had a chance to play with it much. How long did it take you to tweek it so that it turned out so nice?
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

I must say that's impressive. You'd have to tweak the pattern quite a lot with an arts package to get such a good result out of that photograph. Like Bob, I'd be interested to know just how much 'adjustment' was necessary by the user and how long the whole process took.

Gill (trying desperately hard not to comment on the sweet and innocent little soul chosen as the subject)

PS I give up. Ahhhhh..... weren't you a cutie?
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Very cute. We have been following the threads on this software and still havent been able to make up our minds whether to spend the $$ or not.
        Was it as easy as they claim to make the pattern from your picture?
        BTW-what a cutie
        Thanks, Carrie

Comment

Cutie? Aw shucks....thanks lol.

For me the money was well spent, yes I find it very easy to use, the basic pattern took me all of 15 min. to get to my liking, then tweaking and playing around with it for about an hour. I actually had two different patterns from the same picture I worked with before deciding to go with this one. The one feature I really like with this program is the "fall out" button. One click and it shows me in red the pieces that will fall out if I were to cut it. This allows me to go back and quickly tie in these pieces eliminating the fall out.

I have several pictures I am currently working on, a few are home snap shots the others are professional portraits. I have a much eaiser time working with the portraits as opposed to the snap shots, but even those have been realitively easy cleaning up.

I'm still learning, I pick up little tricks each time and picture I work with, and now find I'm at the computer playing with patterns instead of cutting! But truely having fun either way.

I know whats good and works for some dosen't work for others, but again this software has allowed me to make patterns, quickly and easily where other software programs left me scratching my head and frustrated and with NO patterns I'd want to cut.

For those who have and use other programs, is my posted time quick, slow or average?
          Thanks for the compliments and comments guys.
          Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
            Cutie? Aw shucks...
            But what happened to you over the years?

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
              For those who have and use other programs, is my posted time quick, slow or average?
              Thanks for the compliments and comments guys.
              I've played around with photos on my paint program - for HOURS and eventually came up with something that might work. I do belive after reading your post that I will be purchasing the program.

Your design looks great and I am sure your mom will love it!
              Theresa
              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Very good I have just got Paint Shop Pro X 10 if I cant get it to work I will just have to get this software
                Derek
                DeWalt 788

Comment

Come on Grizz, I'm still cute (ask my Mom) but the young and innocent gave way to age and experience.
                  Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Half an hour of playing with PSP gave me the attached pattern. I'm sure I could have improved on it, but I didn't because I don't intend to cut it.

There will be others here who are much more skillful with PSP than I am, but for myself, I think I prefer the Coyote result. If other pattern designers report their approval of the software, I might just invest in a copy too.

Gill
                    Attached Files
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW I just have to say cute too. but now I am humbaled. like I know how to use that stuff. I can only turn this dang thing on. much less bring up a soft wer. lol. guess I better get busy and learn computer stuff. Drats. and I would rather be scrolling. But I can see buy your post. I have alot to learn. next thing youll be making your own pattens. woops you did. lol. good going my freind. Evie

Comment

Evie, you make my point--see earlier post--for me. The fact is, that you don't have to be a software maven nor an engineer to use Coyote. You scan a photo (or use one you already have on CD or in your camera), follow the step by step instructions, you get a "stencil", tweak it a bit, and you have a pattern. Not exactly rocket science. NOR SHOULD IT BE. This (like all software) is simply a tool for us to use to get to where we need to be to use the saw and turn out a portriat or scene on our own. The program--Coyote--still has some glitches that need to be ironed out, but most software programs do. I've been told a "fix" is in the making to improve what is already there. Those who are unsure should probably wait until BobD and SSW "reviews" the program along with comparisons to other such software.
                        Moon
                        Old Mooner

Comment

Nice job Mooner, but I would rather leave the designing to others. I am like Evie in that I would rather spend my time cutting. If I really have something I need designed I know where to go. Attached is an example of what I mean with my Shophound Jack.

Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Wow Chuck , thats too cool. OK Question. is this done on a scanner.? (which I do not have.) but I am gettin one. Ok next Question. if your pattern is too big on the scanner. what you do then? and next Question. how in the world do you get the lines. or, negative emage. is that what you do. boy I don't know if I wont to go here. but well may be so. mmmmmmmm this stuff does confues me. Thanks Moon , now you'll see just how stupid I can be. but am willing to learn. next thing I'll be making patterns. lol your friend Evie

Comment

Scanners are probaly needed if you change sizes of patterns or send photots thru E-mail. I have , as previously stated used a program at www.rapidresizer.com for quite a while and it is invaluable. The picture of Jack is 5X7 and the pattern is 8X10 so a scanner was used to send the picture, enlarge the pattern then scan the picture of both to picturetrails. This is another that I did. It is a picture of my brothers boat in the San Juan Islands, Puget Sound. The pattern and picture are both mine.

As you can see without a scanner this could not have been done.
                              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X