what kind of tile are you doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of tile are you doing

just wonted to know. do you have pictures.??
    Last edited by minowevie; 04-18-2006, 08:16 PM.

Hi Evie! Well I needed to ask permission to do the picture I want to do on my pattern, but now I have that and I am just thinking about what form of scrolling it is going to take. Might even make it my first ever piece of intasia, who knows. Just goes to show we don't have to be experts to participate, just be prepared to give something a go.
    Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Very well said Evie.

You certainly do not have any problem communicating messages!

I think the whole beauty of this quilt will be the combination of all the tiles.
      I have never done intarsia, I hope someone does a tile in that style.
      The size of each tile is a bonus, it doesnt take long to cut out a 5 inch square.

If anyone is wanting to do a tile and doesnt have a pattern I would be glad to find something suitable. They can just drop me an email.

Evie is correct in saying no one is better than another. It is a joint work.
      Hop on board and have fun.......

Don't fret it unless you like to FRET
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Hey Evie, you had written a good post and as Carl says communicated the message well. Surprised to see you had edited it. Must have your reasons I guess.
        Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Hi Evie

Although I never post pictures , I thought you might like to see my contribution at it's latest 'Work In Progress' stage. It's a segmentation of my own design, cut from 6mm (approx 1/4") MDF. The photo shows it roughly assembled after two coats of acrylic undercoat. I'll start painting it in a few days when I've decided what colours to use.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Very nice Gill,

Looks gracefull,
            Now I'm anxious to see it colored

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

OK Gill all the dancers in here should get together for a shindig.

Thats an awesome piece, I don`t know why that topic never crossed my mind.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

the question was.. What kind of tile am I doing? a 5 by 5 inch square one, of course!!!
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Ok all. I am so sorry. I started a thread, and then edited it. an thought I was being to big for my britches. now humbaled . I thought I would try to say what i was trying to say in the first post. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. now lets see. let me say first. that I just try to keep things going. for i love this forum. and I wont to get something going. and then I think I am doing something I am not privleadged to do. I am only a memmber just like you. I am not part of SSW. just a memmber.and proud of it. so lets see. on to the next post. your freind Evie

Comment

It went somthing like this. what kind of tile are you planning. are you puzzaled buy what to do. wayvoring back and forth. not knowing what to do.are you unsure about what kind of block to make. 3D or segmentation. or intarsia. or fretwork. or a potrait. are you not sure what kind of wood to use. or what patten. are you afraid of getting in troubale. what about paint or fabric. can you use mettale. or glass. or what about plexiy glass. I know for me. these are some of the quistions i ask myself. will I be to good. or will it be good enouph. will they throuw my tile out? do i have the time. will I feel guilty. if i do or if i don't. what will wifie think. or hubby. do i spin to much time already at the scroll saw. and not give to there benafits. what if I shared in the forum and now they will all see what I can realy do. or maybe they will wonder why I don't shar more. well can you see why i edited it. but for sure I am making my blocks. and I will be proud to have them in the charity quilt. they are small so maybe mine will just fill the space. or maybe they will make the quilt. grand. who knows unless we try. the more I think about it. the more I wish I had the money to buy this wood quilt. for all my friends would have done there best. mesurerd buy the absent minded. only to fill a hungrey soul. the kids. sorry about the spelling but it is from my heart. your friend Evie

Comment

WOOPS did I say absent minded. now I am in troubale. Sharon made me do it. HA HA> 2 words,. love ya Sharon. it was me. its my fault. drats. your freind Evie

Comment

Evie, at this rate you'll reach 1000 posts before Carl!

Gill
                        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Post 1000

OK Gill I posted this just for you, no other reason. This is number 1000, Now I will have to get the count reset and start again. It is like that hypnotic reaction you get when you watch an odometer rollover!!!!!!!

By the way that is not my odometer, Mine is still in the car that someone stole from my driveway on Monday. I am sure glad I have insurance

PS this shouldnt be in this thread but in the off topic one. I just had to tag onto Gill's last post
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Hi Carl

If you spent more time watching your car and less time watching the forum, your insurance company would be a lot happier .

Commiserations on losing your motor and congratulations on being the first member to make 1000 posts here .

Gill

Comment

Gill, just wanted to mention that it appears he's lost his whole car, not the motor (lol).

Harris

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X