Altering Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering Patterns

How do you all find to be the best way to alter patterns? I have done a few changes in the past but I have to change the pattern in SSW with the boxers. The boxers owned by the ones I makeing the slab for does not have the pointy ears but lie down beside thier head. A bit of a change but makes a big difference in the appearence. Any ideas??
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

I would photocopy then use whiteout on the parts you want changing.
    do the touch up and photocopy again.

You could also scan the image and modify it electronically.
    For home use only don't want to infringe copyright laws
    I like to scan patterns when I can so I can print them off when I need them.

Originally posted by ChuckD
    How do you all find to be the best way to alter patterns? I have done a few changes in the past but I have to change the pattern in SSW with the boxers. The boxers owned by the ones I makeing the slab for does not have the pointy ears but lie down beside thier head. A bit of a change but makes a big difference in the appearence. Any ideas??
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Altering patterns

I scan it and then edit it using Paint Shop Pro or equivalent software. It allows you to do whatever you want.
      Then just print it out.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Chuck,
        If you are computer- or money- challenged, you can photocopy the pattern, and use tracing paper or vellum over it - trace the parts you want to keep - then, using another piece of tracing paper - fool around with your alterations 'til you're happy - then trace the whole shebang together, and you've got it. If this isn't clear, I could try again, maybe.
        Sandy

Comment

Chuck I have just gone and got you a pattern with out cut ears- e.mail me your address and I will forward it to you

[email protected]
          Sharon

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww Sharon thats so nice of you. I was going to sugjest a light box with two differant patterns one on top the other. a labs ears would work. ????? But going to the mail box might be easyer. Your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X