Tirst Project - Tightrope Cowboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tirst Project - Tightrope Cowboy

Well I decided to jump in with both feet and this is the result. Not matted or framed yet. This is one of Jeff Zaffino's wonderful free patterns. The biggest problem I have is that I can't get any real good plywood. So I have to deal with some blows. This was cut out of 1/3 inch 5 ply wood. I have no idea what kind of wood it is. Everything is in Chinese Characters. Had to deal with a couple of small pieces breaking off. So I had to leave a little more wood in the real delicate areas. Critique Please.
    Attached Files
    MinotBob
    Makita MSJ-401
    Universal Tools:
    Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

AWESOME. I can feel the tension!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Fence Gap

Bob, that's a fine piece if work. Like Carl said it really conveys what's happening. That's called a "Gap" in a fence that the cowboy is closing and believe me I've done it a thousand times. I could see at first glance what the portrait was showing. GREAT WORK!!!!
      If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

What a terrific first project! Well done, Bob.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

This looks awesome. I've tried to tighten fence before and it is really not that easy, takes some arm strength.
          Thanks for sharing!
          Carrie

Comment

Wonderful looking piece! Makes me want to go to my saw and make some dust! Thanks for sharing.

Bill
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Truely , Truly , Very nice job on that first piece. You sure wound'nt know it was. Keep up the good work. and if you did that with plywood with voids. just think how good it will be to saw some better ply wood. those blowouts are a pain. but I sure can't tell where yours are. good job. your friend Evie

Comment

Hi Bob,

That is awesome

Very nice work, congrats.

Marcel
                http://marleb.com
                DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Great looking 1st project Bob!
                  Bill
                  Last edited by bronco; 04-09-2006, 03:34 PM.
                  Delta P-20

Comment

Great Work :-)

Charlie,
                    Charlie
                    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by MinotBob
                      Well I decided to jump in with both feet and this is the result. Not matted or framed yet. This is one of Jeff Zaffino's wonderful free patterns. The biggest problem I have is that I can't get any real good plywood. So I have to deal with some blows. This was cut out of 1/3 inch 5 ply wood. I have no idea what kind of wood it is. Everything is in Chinese Characters. Had to deal with a couple of small pieces breaking off. So I had to leave a little more wood in the real delicate areas. Critique Please.
                      Send me the lettering of the "Chinese Characters" and we'll see if we can't translate that for you.

Comment

I can ask my secretary to do that also I just haven't. Thanks for the offer though.
                        MinotBob
                        Makita MSJ-401
                        Universal Tools:
                        Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Keep up the good work, practice practice. Where did you find 1/3 inch plywood? That is new to me.

Toby, zoozoo1 BOD SAW

Comment

Originally posted by ZooZoo1
                            Keep up the good work, practice practice. Where did you find 1/3 inch plywood? That is new to me.

Toby, zoozoo1 BOD SAW
                            It's actually metric, 8mm. I dunno why. The 1/8 inch sized plywood is actually 5mm, about 1/5 inch. So my plywood is running a little thicker than I'd like. When I'm home this summer I'm going to pickup some good 1/8 and 1/4 12X14 inch BB and bring it back with me.
                            MinotBob
                            Makita MSJ-401
                            Universal Tools:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X