yet another, last project. picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another, last project. picture

Hi all. here is another picture.this was cut from a pattern design buy John Nelson , it is called the Victorian Mirror. but I made it into a photo frame ,and added a backing.I also added the molding around the pictuer to hold the pictuers, and glass in. I just love the way the red paint brings out the fretwork on the front. I made it for my husband, thats him with the BIG Trout and his fishing buddys. I am one of them , but this was a personale thing. my Fish was just wayyyyy to big to get into the frame. lol just kidding.any way here it is. your friend Evie ps forgot to add. this has apro. 660 holes
    Attached Files

WOW that is a jaw dropper!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Evie, that is just so impressive! With that many piercing cuts, I hope you stack cut several.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Evie. WOW I don't think I have the patience to drill 660 holes much less drill them accurately and then scroll the frame. I agree that backer board really brings out the fretwork. Without it, I think it would just fade into the wall.
        Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Evie
          very impressive!!!!!!,nice work
          Mike

Comment

AWESOME Work :-) :-)

Charlie,
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Wow, that is just awesome.

Paul S.

Comment

Wow!!!

Evie,

Girl can you ever scroll!!!

I'm sorry, about the familiarity of my remark but that's how strong an impression that piece of work made on me.

I'm usually a stickler for correct spelling, but in your case you just convinced me that I'm willing to ignore it all and read anything, and everything you write. Although I'm new to this forum, and this hobby, you keep amazing me with the complexity and quality of your work ( and your friendliness, I might add). I am humbled by you, and am willing to learn anything you have to teach.

What you have shown in the last weeks is all beyond me. You've got to have some amazing dexterity developed, and the patience of an angel to do those pieces.

Thank-you for sharing your gift with us.

Respectfully,
                Marcel
                Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 04-01-2006, 10:00 AM.
                http://marleb.com
                DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Super work evie --- Girlfriend how long have you been scrolling you are super
                  your friend

Sharon

Comment

wow Marcel. that was a very nice thing to say. I never could spell. even the spell check, can not, figure out what I am trying to spell. Now that is bad. I have a dictionary in front of me now. but still have trouble finding the words sometimes. I was a straight F student in school, but could build anything, and figure out how to do just about anything. I can sing and play the guitar and piano. but get lost in the books. I can also grow a mean gardon, breack horses, and doctor most anything, in barn yard critters. I quilt, embroider,make cloths, and toys.
                    My Husbond is a master carpenter, and calls me eagle eye, for I can see something that is off square buy 1/16 of a inch . I lay carpet, roof, frame, do color coating, textuering, and paint. even tune up my own truck, I do my own pluming and some electricale. the list goes on. BUT just can't spell worth a lick. but it does mean alot to me to be here. and shar the one thing i do love the most, and that is woodworking. ( out side my family that is.)
                    I just wont to thank you all for letting me brag on my woodwork, and shar in these post. i think I am learning how to spell alittle better as well .
                    I hope this is ok to shar this in this thread. if not its ok to edit me . thanks for all your kind words, and putting up with my spelling. your friend Evie

Comment

Spell Cheque

The previous message was posted here was meant as a joke. I am sorry I ruffled feathers but may I say "That's tough, take in the sprit it was intended."
                      Last edited by ChuckD; 04-03-2006, 12:02 AM.
                      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Evie your spelling is readable to me -- besides if someone doesn't like the way you spell tell them to just sskip over your inputs -- but I was just wondering since your last reply gave me a hint -- have you ever been checked for dislexicia? that would explain a lot of your trouble on the spelling part -- but any way it goes you are a great lady and I am proud to be able to call you a friend ---
                        Sharon

Comment

The heck with the spelling, Evie's scrolling can run circles around a lot of people on this forum. All I can say about your frame is WOW....

While it may be funny to a few, making fun of people who are here to show their work and share with others might make them uncomfortable and they could stop posting. I sincerely hope that's not the case. Evie, you do BEAUTIFUL work. I couldn't care less about spelling. Your work says it all. Keep on sharing with us.

Harris

Comment

That is some scrolling Evie! After seeing that I have to admit I just don't understand why you are unsure about your ability to contribute to the quilt.
                            Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

I have to say that Chuck's post above is not in the spirit of this forum.

Rhys H.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                                Today, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                                Today, 11:18 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by jim_mex
                                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                                Today, 09:17 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                                Today, 08:42 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Rolf
                                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                                Today, 08:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X