My 1st Quilt Block Contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Quilt Block Contribution

Alright here is my 1st Charity Quilt Block, it is cut out of 1/4 cherry and has an 1/8 BB plywood backer.

1 down and 1 to go.

Bill
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Nice work Bill!!!!!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Awesome work Bill. That gives me a kick in the butt.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Very nice!
        I'm still in the planning stage for mine - I do have until Aug right?
        Theresa
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

nice work Bill. i'm to chicken. lol your friend Evie

Comment

Evie!!!

Ok EVIE, heres the deal... I wont do one if you are to chicken to do one!!! Now doesnt that sound silly? If everyone was too chicken, there wouldnt be much of a quilt.You know you can do it, look at all the beautiful stuff youve made! Now get your butt back to that scrollsaw and make a quilt square!!! ale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Come on Evie!!! We have all seen your beautiful work! So like Luckyscroller said get up off your butt and go make a square!!!
              Besides I'm from Missouri "SHOW ME"

Bill
              Last edited by ozarkhillbilly; 03-30-2006, 08:03 AM.
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Well done

Billy-

Nice work on the quilt square, well done. Now you have inspired me to post mine when I get finished. I am planning two ( I just hope I can do them justus ).

Bob, maybe on the Scroller Galleries we could start a category for quilt squares participants.?

-Bill
                -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Bill Wilson
                  Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
                  Today, 09:51 AM
                • planeur
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by planeur
                  Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
                  I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
                  Was it a good idea.....?...
                  Today, 09:45 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by Rolf
                  Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                  Today, 09:02 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Rolf
                  The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                  Today, 08:49 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by NC Scroller
                  I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
                  Today, 07:27 AM
                Working...
                X