Thanks for the info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info

I thank everyone for their opinions and advice. I decided to buy the ex30, it sure didn't look this big in the store. It was pretty easy to set up, and cuts really nice right out of the box. I'm not going to worry about the arm lift, after reading your replys it makes more sense to make my own. Thanks again
    Now the real fun begins!
    Tomlock

It's good to know you're finding the forum useful . I'm sure you'll get years of happy productivity from your new saw.

Although the saw may appear to be perfectly set up, can I suggest you check that the table is square to the blade? You can use either a protractor or an engineers square to do this, or even a largish block of square waste wood; simply make a cut into the wood, then invert it and hold it against the blade - if the cut lines up with the blade, the table is square.

It might sound quite trivial, but you'd be surprised at the difference that even ½° out of square will make.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
      by will8989
      Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
      Today, 09:53 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
      by will8989
      Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
      Today, 09:49 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
      by will8989
      He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
      Today, 09:32 PM
    • will8989
      Reply to Sundays market
      by will8989
      We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
      Today, 08:56 PM
    • Jim McDonald
      Reply to Interesting pallet
      by Jim McDonald
      I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
      But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
      Today, 08:17 PM
    Working...
    X