My first 3 intarsia projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first 3 intarsia projects

The attached are the results of my winter with a scroll saw. These are my first scrolling efforts. This is also my first effort at adding attachments to a post. Hope it works.

Many of you may recognize the patterns. The Prarie and Calla Lillies hang from a backer while the Chipmunks were mounted in a background and mounted in a home made frame. All 3 hang predominately in my home. Now on to more scrolling.........

Bob
    Attached Files
    Scrolling satisfies the passion for intricate creativity. My saw is an Excalibur EX21.

Those are great!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Carrie

Comment

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEautiful!!!! Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Awesome job. Makes me want to try intarsia sometime.
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Absolutely amazingly impressive!!! These are great for your 101, 102, and 103 pieces, let alone your first 3! WOW.
          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

These are great!
            Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Really nicely done, Bob - no one would even guess those to be beginner efforts.
              How large are they? I keep wanting to try intarsia, but the projects seem so large I'd have nowhere to display them. You've whetted my appetite again.
              Sandy

Comment

I like!

Regards,
                Marcel
                http://marleb.com
                DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Great work. Where did you get the Lilly pattern? That just might work for a room in our house.

Thanks,
                  Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

Bob those are realy pretty. well done. I too haven't tryed intarsia, for the same reason , of them being too big. but those look like someting that would go great at my house. or as a gift. good projekts to start with. well done. your friend Evie

Comment

Originally posted by sheltiecarver
                      Really nicely done, Bob - no one would even guess those to be beginner efforts.
                      How large are they? I keep wanting to try intarsia, but the projects seem so large I'd have nowhere to display them. You've whetted my appetite again.
                      Sandy
                      Sandy:
                      The finished size of the Prarie Lily is 12"x8" , the Calla Lily is 11"x6", the Chipmunks are 22"x13" (framed is 29"x19"). I did the Prarie Lily first. This required scrolling, wood burning and carving (with a dremel). These were very manageable and fun to do. Trusting this info helps.

Bob
                      Scrolling satisfies the passion for intricate creativity. My saw is an Excalibur EX21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sawdust King
                        Great work. Where did you get the Lilly pattern? That just might work for a room in our house.

Thanks,
                        Sawdust King:
                        I got the Lilly patterns from:
                        http://www.sawbird.com/
                        Both Lillies are in the one pattern kit.

Bob

Comment

Lookin' good!

Bob-

Those look great! I haven't tried intarsia yet (I like fretwork), but I will try it at some point.

-Bill
                          -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Very Nice :-)

Charlie,
                            Charlie
                            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse