Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Piece Puzzle Stamp

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-29-2007, 05:24 PM.

AWESOME feat!

that is a real accomplishment Grizz, congratulations. I will have to try that, I think with the exchange rate our 1cent stamps will be 80% smaller though
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Great job! That is truely impressive. I'm up to three pieces in a postage stamp.........

Not to get technical, but without photographic proof, it really hasn't "happened" yet.
      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Hey, Grizz

Congratulations! I have seen only one other person who has equaled your feat! Post a picture if you can.....

I admire your tenacity. I personally would not undertake it as the result would not be something that children could put together and the pieces probably would not be able, because of their size, to honor the color lines in the stamp's picture. I use the stamp puzzles to give away wherever I want my name and work to be remembered.....and they have been very successful in pursuing that objective. I recommend them (with fewer pieces, of course) for that purpose.

Keep up the good work! and have phun!

Carter

Comment

Great Work!!!

Way to go Grizz!!! I'd be lucky to cut a one piece puzzle from a postage stamp....and it still wouldn't fit back together!!
          If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm still excited about it. I took it to Bible study to show everyone there... and I still have all the pieces.

Carter, I'm not sure if I'm up to doing anymore stamps with that many pieces in it... but I was thinking of doing some like you do... maybe a 9 piece puzzle?

A church memeber recommended going to a coin/stamp store to get a small magnifying case to keep it in. One, so that people could see it better. Two, so that it stays together and pieces are not lost.

Comment

Congrats,

I'd really like to see that

I can easily imagine the work involved, and it scares the beejesus out of me.

Did you buy/make a pattern for the puzzle?
              How did you stick the pattern on the stamp, and how did you remove it?
              And what is the support material?

What size blade do you use?
              Is it a Canadian or American one cent stamp, or are they the same size?

Hum..., guess I have a curious mind
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Picture coming???
                MinotBob
                Makita MSJ-401
                Universal Tools:
                Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Grizz, here's a two-cent stamp cut into 11 pieces (my one-cent stamp is ten).

Carter

Comment

It's not fair! You guys have much prettier (and cheaper) stamps on your side of the pond.

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Marcel,

I'd really like to see that: In time, we do pictures the old fashion way.

Did you buy/make a pattern for the puzzle? Found a free pattern on the internet... where? I don't remember, down loaded it over a year ago.

How did you stick the pattern on the stamp, and how did you remove it?
                      And what is the support material? I used some spray glue on the stamp... on 1/8 inch ply. I just used clear packing tape over the stamp to hold the pattern down. As each piece was cut the pattern blew away.

What size blade do you use? FD Jeweler's Blade 3/0

Is it a Canadian or American one cent stamp, or are they the same size? American. I don't know if it is the same size or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
                        It's not fair! You guys have much prettier (and cheaper) stamps on your side of the pond.

Gill
                        That's not true, I've a friend who collects stamps who I got some Hong Kong stamps for... they are quite brilliant!

Comment

Carter,

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz
                            Originally posted by Gill
                            That's not true, I've a friend who collects stamps who I got some Hong Kong stamps for... they are quite brilliant!
                            It so is true ! Our standard stamps just have a picture of the Queen's head:

And they cost 21p (25c) each.

What a rotten design for a jigsaw puzzle.

Gill
                            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

It's that exchange thing again Gill We get the stamps, you get the Diamonds :P
                              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                                Today, 03:24 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Today, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Today, 09:46 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by NC Scroller
                                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                by NC Scroller
                                I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                                Today, 07:39 AM
                              Working...
                              X