Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby's Room Puzzle

Hi folks....

It's been about a month since I posted a puzzle picture here so....hopefully not taxing your threshhold of boredom...here's The Baby's Room. It's 373 pieces and measures exactly a square foot. The solid color panels show the variety of pieces that can be cut when the color is the same. This should be a pretty easy puzzle to put together.

I finish 2 to 4 puzzle each month and try to post the most interesting ones on forums. As always, if you have questions or comments, fire away, by posting here or emailing me at [email protected].

I think I've finally figured out how to insert two or more photos, so here, I hope, are both the front and the back.

Have phun.........Carter

Carter - As usual very nice, and colorful. If it wasn't for the size I would guess..a page out of a magazine!?
    Paul S WI

Paul S.

Comment

That's a little different to your normal jigsaws, Carter. I like it though , and I bet it's fun to do.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Very Well done.

I am impressed by your selection of pictures you have chosen to cut. I envy your eye in selecting pictures, calendar art, greeting cards, or whatever in making your puzzles. As always, the graphic art is worthy of your skill.

But just asking, have you tried to do any puzzles from graphic art work that has come from the Hubble Space telescope?

Phil

Comment

If Carter's next puzzle is of the night sky, we'll know who to blame Phil!

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

Thanks, Phil....

My problem with the beautiful abstract-looking pictures like those from space is that they don't provide me with very distinct image color lines within them to form the edges of puzzle pieces. In short, they're not fun to cut....and not much fun to put together.

I once cut a Monet painting. Not phun.....

Carter

Comment

{in a thoughful 'sotto voce'} Ah-h-h! Hm-m-m, good point.

Phil

Comment

Your usual excellent work Carter.
                Thanks for sharing on the various sites.
                W.Y.
                http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I love the puzzle and wish I could do something similar. But that is another grain (thread would indicate a sewing venue). My questions are: What is the importance of following the color boundries? Why not just random shapes and who cares if they cross a color boundry? Is it that if you follow the boundry the color in the picture stays more 'true'?

THX
                  Sawdust King

If there is one thing I can make perfect every time it is sawdust.

Comment

In the fall of 04 I attended a "Puzzle Parlay" get-together of the 20 or so people who cut jigsaw puzzles for either a living or a full-time hobby. Many of their puzzles had much more artistic pieces than mine (see www.mgcpuzzles.com and www.custompuzzlecraft.com) but I was the only one who was a strict line cutter and who chose pictures to cut which had images that lent themselves to that style. (I was also the only one I saw who did not sell their puzzles).

To me, puzzles cut with images within them are much more fun to both cut and put together. In my opinion, if pieces are cut randomly the pieces tend to become uniform. If the edges of pieces run through images, faces and color lines, you might as well just stamp them out on a machine and make them all the same regardless of what the picture portrays.

I have on my wall a Gary Larsen (the Far Side) poster showing a sea of penguins on the ice. One of them in the middle is jumping up and down and saying/singing "I gotta be me...."

Anyway, it's phun.........Carter

Comment

I love that image of you, Carter. Gary was right on about a lot of things, wasn't he?
                      (And I love yer puzzles).
                      Wishing you phun phorever.
                      Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Johnson
                        In my opinion, if pieces are cut randomly the pieces tend to become uniform. If the edges of pieces run through images, faces and color lines, you might as well just stamp them out on a machine and make them all the same regardless of what the picture portrays.
                        I share your opinion, Carter. We scrollers have an opportunity to produce puzzles in a way that is denied to most other puzzle makers. In my opinion, it's foolish not to take advantage of this opportunity and produce lovely work which shows our skills to very fine advantage.

Gill

Comment

Nicely expressed, Gill.
                          Amen
                          Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X