DW788 Blade Attaching Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW788 Blade Attaching Help

Just a note to help thoes that have a new DW788 saw with the minimum blade clearance problem where the blade just barely fits into the clamps. A lot of you may already be doing this but, to the new saw owners with this problem this technique may be of some help.

When attaching a new blade first either wipe the sides of the blade ends with paint thinner or rough-up the sides of the ends with sandpaper (180-220 grit). This removes any preservative oil from the blade so that the screws will grip and hold the blade from slipping when under tension. Now attach the blade to the TOP clamp FIRST and, 'top feed' the blade into your projects' entry hole and, then attach the blade to the bottom clamp firmly.

By attaching the blade to the top clamp first you can actually see into the blade slot and place the tip of the blade exactly a very little past the top of the holding screw. Then all you have to do is to "feel" the bottom end of the blade into the slot and tighten the thumbscrew. At least this way you stand a "fighting chance" until DeWalt can find a cure to this frustrating problem.
    Good luck!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
    Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
    by Quartz43
    Maybe nothing has changed ? But is there anything that can be done to make it easier. The very large projects are difficult to copy over several pages and put together properly. I believe in making improvements and not preserving the status quo.

I enjoy the challenge of cutting a project...
    Yesterday, 08:48 PM
  • keystonecop
    by keystonecop
    This is not a problem with the magazine for my issue.. It is a problem with the book having resized the drawings without giving the actual size.

I do again apologize for my post.. I cannot use the right words to explain it.. so maybe someone should just remove the post....
    Yesterday, 07:29 PM
  • markdavd
    by markdavd
    Reading these replies, I am still trying to figure out what the problem really is. I haven't noticed changes in how they publish recently and I don't think I ever had trouble making copies of of the patterns I want to cut.

How did you copy the patterns 10 years ago? What has changed?...
    Yesterday, 06:43 PM
  • Quartz43
    by Quartz43
    I am very glad to hear this and that Fox will look into the issue. Hopefully, they can do some things to try to make it easier to copy patterns.
    Yesterday, 06:34 PM
  • keystonecop
    by keystonecop
    First I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. Sorry for that. I will share that Kaylee Schofield reached out to me after my post (not sure if this forum or Facebook. From my past experience with her, she cares. I do believe she will address this issue. I do not think she is the type of person...
    Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Working...
X