Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Island Woodworkers Show and Scrollsaw Picnic (New York Style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Island Woodworkers Show and Scrollsaw Picnic (New York Style)

Coming on April 1st and 2nd, 2006, is a Woodworking Show and Scrollsaw Picnic (New York Style) held at Hofstra University on Long Island. It is not part of the "circuits" but is run by the L.I. Woodworking Club. This is the third year in this location and the 11th year of the Show. They have the usual vendor area with about 50-60 spaces but what sets this show apart from the others is the exhibits , activities and seminars. The exhibits run in the hundreds and cover every aspect of woodworking. Fine Woodworking magazine will participate in this years judging. other judges and speakers include Ernie Conover and Michael Puryea. In addition to The LIWC there will be two Turning Clubs, two Carving Clubs and a Scrollsaw Club exhibiting. The Long Island Scrollsaw Association will be hosting a scroll saw "picnic". A plane shaving contest is scheduled with prized awarded to the thinnest continuous shaving. Prizes will include items donated by Lie-Nielsen and others. All seminars are included free with price of admission. Parking is free. Other activities planned are a toy workshop, a tool garage sale (very popular, come early), a woodshop gallery and cash raffles and free door prizes. Check the website www.liwoodworkers.org often for updates
    Joe Pascucci
    Hegner
    "You can't put your arm in the same river twice!"

Proud member of the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

The Show is looking good for this year. Plenty of venders and some very good seminars A good time will be had by all.
    Joe Pascucci
    Hegner
    "You can't put your arm in the same river twice!"

Proud member of the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

sorry, im going to miss it. I just love those events though!Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

sawdustjoe,

Could you move it a little closer to Ohio?

Comment

Sawdustjoe,
          How about moving it closer to California - it sounds like a lot of fun! (and work)
          Sandy

Comment

Well, we got one in Portland Or, the end of July. That is a little closer. For more info check the Wooden Teddy Bear site.
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

This sounds great. Pity flights don't come cheaper!
              Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

I'm hoping to be able to make it on Sunday (Saturday's out as I have a fair). do you happen to know what the admission is? The website doesn't have that info. It would likely be a family outing so I want to make sure I have enough cash on hand.
                Thanks,

Kevin
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                  Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
                  by Quartz43
                  I made these simple animal patterns some time ago and gave to my Grandkids. They play with them a lot and have gotten broken so I need to make new ones. Of course, I can not find the pattern and can not remember where I have seen it.

Can anyone tell me where to get the pattern?
                  Today, 09:48 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Giraffe Scene and Puzzle
                  by Rolf
                  Well that is a new one! What a clever combination! looks great.
                  Today, 09:27 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Blades
                  by Rolf
                  I have grown to like the Pegas brand MGT blades . for this thickness the blade number varies from brand to brand, The TPI (teeth per inch) is more important the Pegas 5 is 11.3 and the 7 is 10.4 TPI.

I also the Olson Mach series the #7 has 8 TPI and really works great on thick wood....
                  Today, 09:23 AM
                • will8989
                  Farmers market
                  by will8989
                  The sales at my market is off the charts. We do Saturday and Sunday but I’m home cutting for next week and Bruce is there for the 3 hours today mostly for pick ups. My entire stock inventory is just about gone! Bruce made 8 pepper grinders. Only 1 left. Angels, birdhouses flying off the trees. Baskets...
                  Today, 09:17 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                  by Rolf
                  I have a Micro Mark drill press that I use for the tiny holes when doing delicate fretwork. I am happy with that.
                  This saw is too limiting especially for any bevel cuts. The blade change process would drive me nuts, and the other concern is blade tension. It is like the ancient deltas, spring...
                  Today, 09:15 AM
                Working...
                X