Lathe Turned Platter with Scrollsawed Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lathe Turned Platter with Scrollsawed Center

I started this 9" platter yesterday afternoon and finished it off this morning except for final finish. At this stage it has only Watco oil on it but will get a few coats of semi gloss lacquer after the oil has cured.
    I had no plan in mind when I started. I was just turning a platter and when I saw that the wood grain was not all that exciting, I decided to dress it up a little.
    Woods are local silver birch and aspen and eastern black walnut.
    Top and bottom pictures.
    W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

That is one of the reasons I just bought a lathe. Well done.
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bowl

Wow!!! I like it a LOT!!! Beautiful design and great craftsmanship on the inlay.
      If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
        by cwmagee
        Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
        Today, 03:36 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by Sandy Oaks
        So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
        Today, 02:56 PM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
        by NC Scroller
        I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
        Today, 11:24 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Big week here
        by NC Scroller
        Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
        Today, 11:18 AM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
        by jim_mex
        Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
        Today, 09:17 AM
      Working...
      X