The Green Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Hose

How's this for the title of a thread that makes everyone curious. Yes, it's another jigsaw puzzle, folks, but this one is weird (and somewhat diabolical). Taken from a calendar where the days of May 2005 appeared within the lower loop of the hose, I simply cut out all the background and left a 135-piece, snake-like puzzle.. It's about 16 inches high and still holds together when I pick it up by holding a side piece. I figure it's quite a chore to put together....but phun.

It simply shows what a warped imagination can come up with. I think the individual pieces are visible enuf so I don't have to also post a picture of the back, but I will if you think it's helpful.

As always, feel free to ask questions here or via email at [email protected]

Carter

That is just fantastic, Carter. Only an expert could make that it does not come apart when holding it up.
    Mike M
    SD Mike

Comment

Carter that is great. I bet it would a challange to put together.
      Thanks for the picture.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

That is so cool!

Now do one with a Fire Hose w/fireman putting out a fire.

Comment

that's just sick! (in a good way!)

Comment

thats to cool Carter
            http://www.picturetrail.com/uid3726744

Comment

Carter,

If you make one like a fire hose, I buy it. I have a lot of friends who are fireman and would love to donate one to the fire house.

Mike M
              SD Mike

Comment

Wow!

Carter-
                I have one word "WOW!" .

OK more words. That is one unique puzzle, you are truly the man.

-Bill
                -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Double Cutting

A friend of mine who knows a lot about puzzle cutting took a look at this Hose puzzle and said I should have "double cut" it. It means that I would have started by cutting the hose into a few pieces of, say, three inches. Then I would have stack-cut two at a time for a few connections, meaning that some pieces would be identical fits in two locations. The technique is perfectly applied to this kind of puzzle - but it drives the assembler absolutely nuts! Assuming he or she makes some wrong decisions, the hose ends up going every which way and not making key connections.

Mike, I don't have a fire hose picture, but I've made puzzles of fire trucks before.

Carter
                  Last edited by Carter-Johnson; 01-28-2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Carter

When I first saw the picture of your hosepipe jigsaw, I thought. 'That man's got a wicked streak in him' .

Then I read your post about stack cutting and thought, 'That man's in serious need of exorcism'!

Pure evil .

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I second that what Gill said -- and I may add that I bet you have a big toothy grind ( cheshire cat type ) just thinking about someone have to put that together --lol----I LOVE IT !!!!!!
                      Sharon

Comment

Just a - m - a - z - ing! Just goes to show how the pictures are all there - only need to have the eyes to see them!
                        Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Hose puzzle,

Great puzzle, how about submitting it or something like it to SSW for publication so that the rest of us can have some fun too!

Nicely done!
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf -- Carter is a great guy to give step by step instructions on how to do it if you ask him - check his first post in this thread he gave his link and offered help to who ever wants it.
                            Sharon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by will8989
                              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                              Today, 10:32 AM
                            • Sandy Oaks
                              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                              by Sandy Oaks
                              As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                              Today, 09:46 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                              by NC Scroller
                              I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                              Today, 07:42 AM
                            • NC Scroller
                              by NC Scroller
                              I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                              Today, 07:39 AM
                            • Linda In Phoenix
                              by Linda In Phoenix
                              I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                            Working...
                            X