new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project

this is my first time trying to post a pictuer. after all my glueing and clamping probleams. with your help . got it done , thanks group your friend evie
    Attached Files

Beautiful work Evie!!! I've never tried a project like that but maybe one of these days..?? Keep up the fine work!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Let me be the first to say job well done!!! Not only did you do a good job with the pictures but the mirror came out great. All that hard work payed off. The cuts are nice and crisp and the finish on it brings it out the color in the wood. Is it stained?? what did you use for woods and the finish?? I see Neil types faster than me. So I am the second.
      John T.

Comment

Well Done

Three thumbs up. AWESOME JOB!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Looks Great

Evie-

Beautiful work!! What kind of wood did you use the grain looks very nice. nicely done.

-Bill
          -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Beautiful Job !!!!

Comment

Gosh guys , I feel so much better now. BUT I was hoping you could tell me what kind of wood this is . My hubby says its Black Acacia. not sure. his son cut it in LA calif. and no it is not stained. it is oiled then laquored. the fretwork was not hard , but the glueing was. it wonted to crak an break at a heart beat. but now it is done an where it wonts to be. thanks so much for you comments. means alot ot me. love yas. your friend Evie. on to the next project.

Comment

Well Evie, your head should be swelling right now. If its not swelling yet, heres another compliment!It looks beautiful! I remember before you even started this one, and you did great on it, especially with all the cracking troubles you were having.I had faith in ya hun, especially after seeing some of your other projects. Where is that pattern from anyways? I love it!
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Wow, Wow, Wow

Beautiful wood, great pattern, EXCELLENT scroll work. As my teenage daughter would say "Kewl, you da bomb!"
                  ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Well done, Evie! It's gorgeous. I wouldn't have the patience to cut something like that.

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Nice work, Evie!

It looks like a burl or some kind of stressed wood. The color is basically right for Black Acacia, which is indeed common in California, but the figure is much wilder than you would probably find in a regular board. The pics are rather too small to really say. Is it possible to take another, quite close up, of the flat surface of the shelf -- where thecamera is close enough that the board fills the frame?

Here's an image of black acacia in one of my favorite settings (I didn't make this):

Comment

Four Stars

Great job Evie!!

I'm looking forward to see what you do next!

Bill
                        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Evie, that's absolutely beautiful, congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
                            Well Evie, your head should be swelling right now. If its not swelling yet, heres another compliment!It looks beautiful! I remember before you even started this one, and you did great on it, especially with all the cracking troubles you were having.I had faith in ya hun, especially after seeing some of your other projects. Where is that pattern from anyways? I love it!
                            Dale, thanks so much. the pattern is
                            Dirk Boelmons. ordered it from the
                            Art Factory. I have never seen a finised piece , the cataloge only had a drawing of it. it is pretty huh. my hubby loves it. your friend Evie

Comment

Originally posted by PiALaModem
                              Nice work, Evie!

It looks like a burl or some kind of stressed wood. The color is basically right for Black Acacia, which is indeed common in California, but the figure is much wilder than you would probably find in a regular board. The pics are rather too small to really say. Is it possible to take another, quite close up, of the flat surface of the shelf -- where thecamera is close enough that the board fills the frame?

Here's an image of black acacia in one of my favorite settings (I didn't make this):

I will try to take another pictuer of the wood. for we have lots of it. my hubby is making a chair out of it. so if it is allowed here, I will try to post it ok. the tree was dead when my son cut it down. and we have had the 2foot wide,stump for 2 years. so its pretty dry. this was the first time i ever wore a mask, working with it made my eyes water, and my sinouses went crazy. in the dry form. it looks alot like ceder. but the grain is swerly. lots of colors. really pretty stuff. but hard to work with. thank you for your kind words.your friend Evie ps that guitar is beautiful. and it does look alot like the wood.
                              Last edited by minowevie; 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X