Hegner Authorized Service Depot ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner Authorized Service Depot ???

A friend of mine was inquiring about buying a Hegner scroll saw but wanted to know where his closest Authorized service depot would be just in case he ever needed service at some time.
    So me being the inquisitive guy that I am, I contacted Advance Machinery for him and asked for a list of Authorized service depot locations in Canada or even over the border in USA.
    Here is the resonse I got back today.

[QUOTEDear Sir,

I am sorry but we do not have any dealers in Canada. In fact, we are the
    sole distributor for HEGNER and are located in Delaware, USA. The only way
    to see our machinery locally is if we are attending a show in your area. If
    you could give me your province I would be more than happy to see if we have
    any scheduled shows in your area. Also, if you have any other questions
    please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Jean Musselman
    Customer Service

Advanced Machinery Imports
    2 McCullough Dr.
    P.O. Box 312 ][/QUOTE]

They didn't even mention any Authorized service depot's at all which was my question to them and only one sales outlet.
    Would this be true that there is not a single authorized service depot in North America except for shipping a defective unit all the way to Delaware USA.
    I found this quite puzzling and I told my friend I would try to get some better information about this on some WW sites because he does not own a computer and doesn't want to go through the snail mail process.
    Can anyone here shed some light on this in case I have misunderstood the reply I got.
    W.Y.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Bill

I know someone who works with Advanced Machine. I will contact her and ask for more information. I met her at a wood show in Fort Washington, PA, and she seemed very friendly and helpful.
    Blade Man AKA Ben Fink
    Pégas Scroll Saw Blades

Comment

Thanks Ben;
      I just got a reply on my own Woodworking Friends site and apparently they have an office in Collinwood Ontario Canada .
      I was surprised at the reponse I got from them when I expressly asked about authorized service locations in both Canada and USA.
      I am trying to locate the Canadian phone number so I can talk to a live person instead of emailing.
      It is just for my own curiosity because I like to be aware of such things when somebody asks me.
      If I find there is indeed a chain of service centers all across Canada and USA like most manufacturers have I will surely post it unless someone else beats me to it.
      W.Y.
      Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 01-05-2006, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I discovered that Advance Machinery's Canadian location in Collingwood Ontario has a discussion forum so I put a message in there rather than phoning them and possibly having to write down all the service locations .
        If I don't get an answer there I will call them by telephone first part of next week.
        W.Y.

Advanced Machinery Forums
        Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
        You are logged on as
        William Young

All Forums
        Advanced Machinery Forums
        Welcome
        Hegner Authorized Service Depot ??? New Topic Reply to Topic
        Printer Friendly

Author Topic
        William Young

Canada
        0 Posts
        Posted - 01/06/2006 : 00:30:54
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to get a list of all Authorized Hegner Service Depots in both Canada and USA.
        If it is too long to post here please send it to my email address at
        [email protected]
        Thank you very much .
        W.Y.

Comment

HEGNER Service

HEGNER's North American distributor, Advanced Machienry, operates facilities in Collingwood, Ontario and New Castle, Delaware to serve Canadian and US customers, respectively.

Unfortunately, their forum is not very active. However, I can tell you from personal contacts in the organization that the Canadian service facility is called upon less than ten times a year, and the US facility less than ten times per month on average. With tens of thousands of machines sold over the last 25 years, that gives you some idea of how amazingly reliable and service-free these machines are.

Furthermore, I have found that I can work on my HEGNER 14E using only basic hand tools for almost any kind of common repair, and parts are available overnight from either location, according to fellow-owners I know across the border. And if I did ever need to ship the saw, it's really not that much different whether I have to send it 200 or 2000 miles, is it?

So you can tell your friend that in regard to service, he has probably got much better odds with a single competent and specialized service facility that's rarely needed than with a more vulnerable tool whose "local" facility may lack the parts or specific expertise needed to effectively resolve his problem. Certainly there are thousands of long-time HEGNER owners who could confirm that experience, including me.

zenman57

Comment

That's great info zenman57.

I had always thought that the Hegner was priced a little high, all that really means is I can't afford one
            I have not heard of anyone who had problems with them before and I see by the stats you quote I doubt I will.

I am not too crazy about the old blade clamps, I guess it, like anything, just takes a little getting used to.

The more information we can get on the forum about all the saws out there, the better equipped users will be to chose a saw that suites their needs.

I always say I wouldn't take a Ferrari to the corner store to buy milk, but I also wouldn't take a unicycle on the Autobahn!
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Thanks Zennman57;
              That was so nice of you to join the site just today in order to post that response.
              I agree that forum is very quiet. I checked and there are only three pages of responses in the last few years so I am not relying on an answer from there..
              I am glad you have had great service as most Hegner owners surely have. I regard them as one of the top saws on the market for those that can afford one.
              But they cost mega bucks in Canada after the exchange on the dollar (which is actually improving almost daily) as well as shipping and then the addition of 14% BC taxes he would have to pay.
              I can't really blame him for being cautious about the location of the closest authorized service depot.Even BMW,s and Cadillacs and Rolls Royce's can have service problems right out of the factory.
              His question to me about service centers peaked my curiosity so not only am I trying to help him but I will be better informed myself.
              He doesn't have the slightest clue about computers and has asked me to help him so I will follow up on it next week if there are no responses from their forum before then. .
              Happy sawing with your Hegner. I would love to be able to afford one.
              W.Y.

Comment

I called he Ontario Advance Machinery outlet in Canada this morning. The Toll free number on the Canadian web page connected me to The Delaware USA office.
                The lady said that there is absoloutly no chain of auothrized service dealers across North America and the Ontario office is simply an order office for their products.
                She went on to say that for any problems a person can call the Delaware office for parts as they are the sole parts outlet and parts will be shipped out and you need to repair it yourself with their instructions over the phone on how to do it. She claims they are easy to repair but any one that can't be repaired by the owner could be shipped to the Delaware USA office only. .

So that satisfied my curiosity and I have always believed that they are a well made saw but I don't believe that everyone is mechanically minded enough to be able to perform their own service , especially women that are more accustomed to housework and office jobs and that sort of thing. So I suppose in those cases they could order the parts and pay a local multi tool service shop to replace parts (if needed) at their own expense.
                Their service set-up wouldn't bother me personally one bit. I am mechanically inclined and can do anything from fixing a bicycle to tearing down and overhauling a car engine which I have done many times. If my friend decides to buy one I would be pleased to help him out no charge if he needed repairs and ordered the parts in from USA.
                I mentionedd women as not being mechanically minded as men but in all fairness to to the women I know many men that hardly know a screwdriver from a chissel and don't even own a basic box of tools . They call and get service people to do any service work required. So I guess it is a decision that a person needs to make on their own whether they would be satisfied with that sort of service arrangement.
                W.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by William Young (SE BC)
                  A friend of mine was inquiring about buying a Hegner scroll saw but wanted to know where his closest Authorized service depot would be just in case he ever needed service at some time.
                  So me being the inquisitive guy that I am, I contacted Advance Machinery for him and asked for a list of Authorized service depot locations in Canada or even over the border in USA.
                  Here is the resonse I got back today.

They didn't even mention any Authorized service depot's at all which was my question to them and only one sales outlet.
                  Would this be true that there is not a single authorized service depot in North America except for shipping a defective unit all the way to Delaware USA.
                  I found this quite puzzling and I told my friend I would try to get some better information about this on some WW sites because he does not own a computer and doesn't want to go through the snail mail process.
                  Can anyone here shed some light on this in case I have misunderstood the reply I got.
                  W.Y.
                  sounds like you have all the impho you will get . but I thought i would just throw this in. I have a Hegner. never had any probleams with it YET> been working it to death for 2 years now. but I bought mine from Rex Derkins a scroll saw supplir. his # is 702-454-2773 or 800-660-8429 , email [email protected] hope this will give you some help. also this is the online web sight i have. www.advamachiner.com. dosen't look like there is any other repair shops ,but I think you could get any parts you would need. AND as a gal, if my saw ever does need anything. i am sure i could call the Hegner company, and they would guid me through the things i would need to know about fixing it up. some of us old gals are pretty smart that way. even if we can't spell haha. just my 2 cnts. your friend Evie

Comment

Hi Evie;
                    I have heard they are excellent saws. I have never owned one so I cannot talk from experience on that particular make. But as nothing that I know of is mechanicaly perfect every time out of the factory and stays that way , , I needed to know about their service policy and procedures and if there was a network of factory authorized service depots .
                    They are way out of my price range but if I could have afforded one when I bought my present one I could very well have been using one now.
                    I am glad you are thoroughly enjoying yours and it is nice to hear that you are mechanically minded. That's just great.
                    As far as the spelling goes, I see so many typos in my own spelling after I post a message anywhere that I sure can't critisize yours or anybody elses. I am usually in too much of a hurry or just too darned lazy to go back and edit them all .
                    I sinks mys spellsing iz yust abuwt az reedsible az moost peeplles thoe
                    W.Y.

Comment

hegner

just for the record i,ve been using a hegner for about 6 yrs now. did have a problem with the variable speed switch, and called the salesman tony moore. he put me in touch with advmachinery in nj . they called me promply and in a few i made an adjustment. it corrected the problem and havent had any trouble since. john

Comment

Originally posted by William Young (SE BC)
                        Hi Evie;
                        I have heard they are excellent saws. I have never owned one so I cannot talk from experience on that particular make. But as nothing that I know of is mechanicaly perfect every time out of the factory and stays that way , , I needed to know about their service policy and procedures and if there was a network of factory authorized service depots .
                        They are way out of my price range but if I could have afforded one when I bought my present one I could very well have been using one now.
                        I am glad you are thoroughly enjoying yours and it is nice to hear that you are mechanically minded. That's just great.
                        As far as the spelling goes, I see so many typos in my own spelling after I post a message anywhere that I sure can't critisize yours or anybody elses. I am usually in too much of a hurry or just too darned lazy to go back and edit them all .
                        I sinks mys spellsing iz yust abuwt az reedsible az moost peeplles thoe
                        W.Y.
                        lol so fun. thanks for not criticizing me. and yes i do love my Hegner.it is a maytag for sure. Evie
                        Last edited by minowevie; 01-21-2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X