• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for puzzle pattern

Can anyone out their help me find the Grandpa`s
    wonder puzzle pattern. Seen before but can`t
    remember where or when seen it.
    Thank for our help.

It was in Popular Woodworking magazine. Jan. 1998 pg 38, per Mike in Nanaimo and Greenfield Bob has made it. I saw this on another forum. Perhaps they can help you.

Harris

Comment

P/T scroller
      I have made the wonder puzzle you are talking about but I let my last pattern go without making a copy of it.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Fortunately, Bob let me have a copy of the wonder puzzle pattern a little while ago .

I've attached a copy.

Gill
        Last edited by BobD; 01-03-2006, 11:00 AM. Reason: removed attachment for copyright reasons
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hi Harris;
          You probably saw it on my Woodworking Friends multi board woodworking site. There have been several threads over the months about it.
          I have made quite a few of them and they are a real brain teaser . I have made one for all my grand children and they are quicker at putting them together than I am.
          Here is one both opened and closed.
          I got my pattern via email quite some time ago but I don't know if it is copy writed or not so unfortunately I don't share it until such time that I know for sure that it is safe to do so. It probably is safe and he probably checked it out but I don't like to take chances on that sort of thing.
          W.Y.

Last edited by BobD; 01-03-2006, 10:38 AM.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Thanx, Gill, for the pattern. Can you tell us what the overall dimensions of the block are?

Bruce
            Bruce
            . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
            visit sometime
            Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Hi Bruce

Bob gave the dimensions as being about 2½" by 1¼". Here's a piccy of a completed puzzle he made from red oak and walnut:

Hope I'm not stepping on your toes here, Bob .

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

I HAVE to make this puzzle!

Could someone who has this puzzle pattern please send it to me or tell me where I can get it? I HAVE to make this puzzle!

Thanks,
                Dan

Comment

Hi Dan

The plan is actually attached to my first post post in this thread. Just open the attachment and copy it to your computer.

Gill

Comment

I removed the pattern because I was nervous about copyright issues...if we can resolve them, I'll repost the attachment.
                    Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X