Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arbarnhart
    replied
    Dots? Am I the only farsighted member? I need big circles.

I also have a little makeup mirror sitting next to the saw to reflect light underneath do I can see the marks.

Leave a comment:

• don snethen
    replied
    Bill,

Yes, I, too, use this method of marking the bottom of holes. But lately I have only been marking those very tiny holes; those drilled with the small numbered bits. I use at least two and sometimes three bit sizes when drilling the starter holes of my projects. I think that I save the time it takes me to change bits by being able to more quickly locate and insert through the larger drilled holes. However, on the very dark woods I find the marker colors I have don't help much. I do have a silver ink pen that I sign my dark turned bowls with, perhaps this might work for the holes on the dark scrolling woods. I may experiment with it sometime soon.

Regards, Don from Eugene, OR

Let your reach exceed your grasp.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Perhaps she is but I bet you didnt run too fast

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    Thanks for the compliment Lucky788, she does have a good hold on me, and I tell her all the time she's lucky to have caught me!!! LoL

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Tip for hillbilly bill

ummm,it looks like a good lookin lady is trying to strangle ya in that picture !!! Lucky catch!!!

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
    I don't recall having seen this little trick mentioned in any other threads so here goes.

I come from the bottom when threading my blade and I have found that if I take a red sharpie and dot each entry hole before starting it makes locating and threading the blade just that much easier and faster for me. Of course the projects I use this method on are portraits and have the backs glued to a backer board when complete so any excess of the red is not seen.

Any others use this method?

Bill
    Bill what a great tip , I have troubale finding my holes sometimes , for after I drill them , I sand alittle after.and that fillls the holes back up.lol so I think I'll do just that, thanks for sharing it. your friend Evie.

Leave a comment:

• harrisg
    replied
    What a wonderful tip. I've got a Word file I keep tips in. Most are from this site. Keep them coming. Thanks

Harris

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    started a topic Marking Holes

Marking Holes

I don't recall having seen this little trick mentioned in any other threads so here goes.

I come from the bottom when threading my blade and I have found that if I take a red sharpie and dot each entry hole before starting it makes locating and threading the blade just that much easier and faster for me. Of course the projects I use this method on are portraits and have the backs glued to a backer board when complete so any excess of the red is not seen.

Any others use this method?

Bill

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X