Marquetry example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquetry example

I realize that intarsia is all the vogue, and it is a wonderful art form.
    I do not see a lot of marquetry these days but I stumbled upon a site that has integrated marquetry into the fine art of cedar strip canoe building.
    http://www.cedar-strip.com/
    Take a look at the montage on the bottom of the page.
    This kayak is such a piece of art I would hang it on a wall rather than put it in the water.
    It is nice to see more than one craft blended to become a new art form.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post 13
    by will8989
    Glad to hear that. Slow and steady.
    Today, 09:54 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of...
    Today, 09:12 PM
  • Tom in Ashland
    The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel
    by Tom in Ashland
    Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off...
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • keystonecop
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by keystonecop
    Great Question.. I have all the past issues.. I doubt that I find one pattern a year that is worth the subscription cost. I have cut for the magazine and made a few buck that covers my costs,, But I owe that to Bob Duncan.. I think the new admins try but are not involved in this group like bob was.....
    Today, 06:14 PM
  • KarlB
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by KarlB
    " It rips my heart out when I go to estate sales and see my future."

I am sure you know how important and relevant that comment is Rolf! I have seen a number of scroll sawn projects over the years at garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I know whoever made them put in a lot of...
    Today, 04:02 PM
Working...
X