Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you use woodburning with scrolling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use woodburning with scrolling?

I just got a wood burning tool to go with my growing arsenal of items to make scroll saw projects. For those of you who use this tool, I'm just wondering what kind of projects you've used it for?

Harris

Harris,
    Check out Issue 20--It was our special woodburning issue. It gives all kinds of ideas on how to embellish your scrolled work with a woodburner.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

issue 20 of what?

Comment

Sorry
        Scroll Saw Workshop magazine Issue 20 (we're the magazine that sponsors this message board.

Bob Duncan
        Scroll Saw Workshop
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

harrisg, I have used the wood burner on pictures that I thought cutting the lines would weaken the wood too much. Such as, shingles on a roof or wood siding on a barn. Just single lines or some would call it veining. I think it looks better than cutting the lines, depends on the picture. Mick
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Good point Mick,
            I did that for the Moose Woodiimal that was in the Holiday issue...I wasn't comfortable cutting the facial features, so I burned them.

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

does anybody have pctures of scrolled burnt stuff. Im curious how that would look

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                by KarlB
                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                Today, 09:31 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                by will8989
                Beautiful!...
                Today, 09:19 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Big week here
                by will8989
                Bruce said he felt like he needed to look for a job when he first retired. That lasted for about a month and he hasn’t looked back since. I had a friend whose company gave him a 50th party. At the party he told them he was retiring in 2 weeks! Trust us, you will love being retired.
                Today, 09:09 PM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                ingers crossed
                Today, 07:35 PM
              • cwmagee
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by cwmagee
                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                Today, 05:39 PM
              Working...
              X