Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you use woodburning with scrolling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use woodburning with scrolling?

I just got a wood burning tool to go with my growing arsenal of items to make scroll saw projects. For those of you who use this tool, I'm just wondering what kind of projects you've used it for?

Harris

Harris,
    Check out Issue 20--It was our special woodburning issue. It gives all kinds of ideas on how to embellish your scrolled work with a woodburner.

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

issue 20 of what?

Comment

Sorry
        Scroll Saw Workshop magazine Issue 20 (we're the magazine that sponsors this message board.

Bob Duncan
        Scroll Saw Workshop
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

harrisg, I have used the wood burner on pictures that I thought cutting the lines would weaken the wood too much. Such as, shingles on a roof or wood siding on a barn. Just single lines or some would call it veining. I think it looks better than cutting the lines, depends on the picture. Mick
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Good point Mick,
            I did that for the Moose Woodiimal that was in the Holiday issue...I wasn't comfortable cutting the facial features, so I burned them.

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

does anybody have pctures of scrolled burnt stuff. Im curious how that would look

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
                Reply to hegner 2"
                by MidMich324
                Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
                Today, 09:30 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Spring Issue
                by will8989
                I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
                Today, 09:28 PM
              • millwab
                Reply to Peanuts #1
                by millwab
                Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
                Today, 02:51 PM
              • Don in Brooklin On
                Reply to Spring Issue
                by Don in Brooklin On
                Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
                Today, 01:48 PM
              • theframer
                Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
                by theframer
                Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
                Today, 12:05 PM
              Working...
              X