Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas is coming!

The heading is somewhat obvious!
    I know lots of you are making Christmas presents, it goes hand in hand with scrolling.
    This year I made a couple of nativities, a segmented welcome sign, a keychain, and I am almost finished a strumstick, There are still a few days left, I may even start another project . I like to beat myself up!

What projects are you making for Christmas this year.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Just a new sign for the house. I don't want Santa to miss us out

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Git R done!

I've got two more to finish up before Christmas. Another Basket made from Bass and a Farm seen w/tractor.

My wife's work Christmas party is not until January, so I've got a little time for that one yet. But it would be nice if she would tell me what I'm suppose to make!!!!

Outside that, I'd like to get a few odd and end things finished up before I start cutting away for the spring and summer booth time.

Comment

well,other then a few turned pens...ive got a horse shelf,a bowhunter plaq.two crosses,an angel clock,two packers clocks,a little Nelson clock,one of those indian feather things,a fancy photo frame,two dog clocks,a tractor,a heart shaped lidded box,two eagle plaques,and many numerous ornaments. Ive got at least one coat of finish on everything except the box. I think Im gonna git-r-done this year in time!
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi guys I'm done for this year's stuff . so I'm doin some party gifts and then I'll start next year's stuff sold a lot of nativities senes this year so I'll get a early start.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/uid3726744

Comment

guess im done with scrolling and carpenrty till after i get my shop moved.

i got evected by momma, i was taking the christmas tree spot.

guess ill purchase the rest of all of my gifts this year, after i hunt down every speck of sawdust.

had plans to supply for my 2 grandchildren,
            2 play kitchens
            1 toddler workbench with toy tool storage
            2 BIG upright toy boxes.
            one like a 4 drawer dresser - wardrobe for them babydolls...
            and another like a kenworth tractor. w/behind the windshield display & under the hood storage.
            -
            i did get 4 toddler chairs and 2 tables done...

its nice to think i could have made them all, but i think i procrastanated too long for this year.. besides theres always birthdays...

merry christmas all....
            Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Finished??? LOLOLOLOL. I finished the last of my custom orders for customers yesterday so I'm finally getting to start on a few gifts. Two jewelry boxes, a Christ Child Portrait, some Christmas ornaments and if time permits, a Disney Princesses portrait for my daughter, a victorian hearts frame for my wife, and a train table for my son. Unfortunately, my own family always gets the short end when it comes to handmade items. I have to take care of customers first.

Kevin
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

pics

I really do think it is best to have a plan when starting a project.
                The guitar/strumstick I am working on has taken on a life of its own.
                Everything that could go wrong did
                I just have to say, lucky for me it is for a 6 year old who loves music.
                I have the greatest respect for luthiers, an craft that is underrated.
                Someday I hope to take a course on luthiery but for now I will scratch away the wood and see what comes out.
                But next time I will have a plan
                Attached Files
                CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

carl,

is this strumstick an attempt to be real?

i ask becuse it looks as if you have real tuning knobs on it.?

i heard mention of strumsticks, but i was thinking of a dowell turned with bumps on it. ?

daah!
                  thomp

Comment

Yes those are real tuning pegs.
                    This strumstick is made from a 1x2 piece of cherry.
                    A wide slot is cut in the bottom and the slot is spread wider to make the sound box.
                    I used BB Ply on this one because it is for a little boy who may be a little more aggressive.
                    The frets are from a ukulele and I cut the slots with a #6 blade. A great fit.
                    The strumstick is WAY TOO LONG. I should have planned better.
                    The young man likes dragons and that's why I made the dragon body to slide over the original strumstick.
                    I would certainly do things different next time.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

ornaments

Carl,
                      Thanks for the advice on reducing the width of my files. I hope this
                      will look ok.Here are my ornaments I have been working on this month
                      They are made from Walnut,Mahogany and Poplar. I learned a lot and
                      made more than enough mistakes but I really enjoyed it.All comments
                      are welcome.
                      Merry Christmas
                      Bill
                      Attached Files
                      Delta P-20

Comment

Way to go!

Awesome job!
                        I may even know where you got the patterns
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
                          Yes those are real tuning pegs.
                          This strumstick is made from a 1x2 piece of cherry.
                          A wide slot is cut in the bottom and the slot is spread wider to make the sound box.
                          I used BB Ply on this one because it is for a little boy who may be a little more aggressive.
                          The frets are from a ukulele and I cut the slots with a #6 blade. A great fit.
                          The strumstick is WAY TOO LONG. I should have planned better.
                          The young man likes dragons and that's why I made the dragon body to slide over the original strumstick.
                          I would certainly do things different next time.
                          Sorry carl i thought i replied to this one, computer moved to another room so been down,,

I will probably ask more on this strumbstick later on, but right now im as busy as a" you know" with christmas and all.

thanks for the information.
                          thomp2

Comment

Bill

Very nicely done. The ones with the year in them are always special and make good sellers. Any time you add a the year or a name just makes them that much more desirable. Keep up the good work and look forward to more photos now that you have the photo thing figured out. Happy Scrolling.
                            John T.

Comment

hope you have sound

A little Christmas gift of my own.
                              If you have sound http://www.minibite.com/christmas/fartedonsanta.htm

Amazing how the season evolves, or dissolves!!!!
                              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                                by cwmagee
                                A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                                Today, 07:28 PM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                                That is...
                                Today, 08:15 AM
                              • Jimern
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jimern
                                The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                                Today, 06:29 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X